glove patches

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

glove patches

Postby theglovester » October 23rd, 2013, 2:28 pm

OK guys, I can't speak for William, but I kinda think he will agree, we need a glove patch rescue topic on here, I have bought and saved patches off of gloves that have been destroyed by mice, dogs, dry rot, you name it, never know when you might need a replacement for a dandy glove, i.e. that Stall and dean drab horsehider that just went off ebay...and the Killer Bubbles Hargrave that I have that needs an Alex Taylor patch...I know some of you have early reach, D&M, spalding, rawlings patches on rags that will bring close to nothing on ebay but would mean a bunch to some one like myself..

There are some of us that enjoy restoring these rare gloves CORRECTLY with a vintage patch, resewn through the original holes, (sounds intricate, but easier through the original holes, seams spaced perfectly etc..) I know that some boxing gloves from draper and maynard can be donors but kinda want to have a patch at least in the same era from a baseball glove.

Chime in if you have a problem with this, but if I had won that S&D glove I would have a patch on it by spring...

Come on guys Need an Alex Taylor patch!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: glove patches

Postby glovejunkie » October 23rd, 2013, 3:57 pm

Thanks glovester, yes I grabbed the s&d and desperately want a beautiful patch for it!! If anyone can help me with a donor tag off a beater, I would greatly appreciate it. Also have a W&D catchers mitt that I need a script tag for. Please do let me know if anyone has/seen/finds anything. I've already asked a few people to keep their eyes out for me, but the more the better!!

Glovester, do you have one??
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » October 23rd, 2013, 4:52 pm

got one on an early mitt of the same era but worn so that the D of dean is gone and worn in the middle but you can tell it's a S&D, not good enough for that beauty though, more my level.

got a maltese cross goldsmith patch though, but no help here, sorry..Unless you are desperate, and I won't let you do it with my patch, needs better!!! Patience is virtuitous, at least you got the Glove!! Neat stamping under Stall&dean in pocket, what is that?? my two don't have it..

Exactly what we need to do on the missing patches...

P.S. If you have never ate Squirrel, you need to try it, Awesome...
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » October 23rd, 2013, 6:36 pm

Absolutely, I'm going to be as patient as I need on this one;) Good idea though, thanks for starting this thread!! Keep your eyes out for me.

I'll let you know what it's says if I can once it's in my hand, lol, sitting at the post office, need to pick up after work tmrw, fun package to open!!

Eric

Oh and P.S. I actually have, grey squirrel pot pie, delish:)). Got a nice bull moose and a few partridges this year too!! Actually William oughta be enjoying some of those moose and venison steaks right about now;)
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » October 24th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Got the s&d today Glovester, and under the script Stall & Dean writing in the palm it's the S&D logo, and says stall & dean arched across the top, and in extremely small letters arched around the bottom I can make out Brock clearly, think if cleaned up a bit or looked closely with magnifying glass it must say Brockton, MA, one of their main plant locations. Stellar glove though, love it, keeper!!

Again, let me know if anyone comes across or has a real nice correct s&d patch for the glove. Thanks
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » October 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Glad you like your S&D, I slobbered into the keyboard the first time I saw it...Like Rob said in another post, I think S&D had baney roosters stamping their gloves, so to have that much still visible after 100years is awesome.

Uh Oh... just found out a Thesaurus is not a book about dinosaurs, brace yourselves...
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted