Following Your Dream! Detroitbaseballclub on Ebay

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Following Your Dream! Detroitbaseballclub on Ebay

Postby briggs86 » June 12th, 2013, 11:48 am

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted and I guess that's unfortunately how it goes when you start getting into the swing of things with summer on the horizon. Just wanted to touch base. I am Jared, also known as detroitbaseballclub on ebay and will be selling off quite a few really interesting mitts over the next week or so. I have officially quit my day job to pursue my passion and will be parting with some mitts.... SADFACE. Truthfully taking a leap of faith in yourself can be really scary; however I know deep down inside my passion will in the end create my success. My passion is designing repurposed leather goods, ie messenger bags, purses, clutches, bracelets, belts, gun holsters... pretty much anything out of leather. In addition to me quiting the mortgage industry that has treated me quite well for the last 8 years, I recently opened an antique store in Grand Rapids Michigan called Buckley & Douglas (441 Century SW.) If any members live in Michigan, come stop out and introduce yourself. I love meeting fellow glovers. Store is more geared towards industrial and repurposed furniture, but of course I've got my little coaches corner chalked full of some vintage sporting goods. The real reason for me opening my store there, was to have direct traffic to my handmade leather goods; which as of opening in May has pushed me to the point of needing to follow my dreams. Thankfully I am 27 and can always fall back if need be; which leads me into the reasoning behind this choice... I need to do this! I need to find what makes my soul happy and working in my shop making leather goods is where I find my sollace! I am currently building my website through cargocollective and should have it done in a few weeks time. I will put the link up when it is completed! In the interim, please don't hesitate to get a hold of me if you're looking for something in particular, perhaps I may have! I can be reached on my cell or via email below. Thanks to all for this wonderful hobby!

Jared Mark
Retro.Orter@gmail.com
810.599.6252 Cell

http://stores.ebay.com/retro-orter?_rdc=1
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Following Your Dream! Detroitbaseballclub on Ebay

Postby ebbets55 » June 12th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Good for you man. That's a ballsy move. I'm happy for you. I wish you the best of luck and success in your new endeavors. I'm sure you'll do well.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Following Your Dream! Detroitbaseballclub on Ebay

Postby vintagebrett » June 12th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Sounds fun- that industrial stuff is in vogue right now - cant go to an antique show without seeing it. Good luck with your new endeavor!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted