macgregor

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

macgregor

Postby wildcat68 » December 10th, 2012, 6:54 pm

I would like to buy a Macgregor Red Schoendienst glove. I do not know the model number, but it would have been new in 1960, or 61. the signature was across the palm, had an adjustable wrist strap, made in USA outside of thumb, and two pulls to tighten fingers, one on each side. It was a smaller size glove. I would pay a fair price for one in good condition. I lent this to my sons school for a Veterans Day display of former students who were kia, and they lost it, or it was stolen. This was a glove that Josh used in Little League
, Babe Ruth , Legion, and high school. It will will not be the same I know but it will still mean something to me. Thanks for any help you can give me.
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: macgregor

Postby mikesglove » December 12th, 2012, 2:04 am

I have a model GC1 Schoendienst Personal Model glove. It is a pretty big glove with the features you mention except for the made in USA outside the thumb. Mine may be an earlier model than the one you are looking for. Mine has the Spider Web and reverse button wrist strap(button on the thumb side). Mine has the black cloth patch and not the dark blue.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wildcat68 » December 13th, 2012, 12:09 am

Thanks for the reply, my sons glove did not have a wrist snap. The wrist band could be adjusted by putting a rawhide lace in different holes in the wrist band. Also I remember that where you snap the glove closed it said flex pad, or flex something. Thanks for trying to help me .
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » December 13th, 2012, 1:51 am

Yours is definitely a later model, maybe like this "Red Schoendienst" model G66
Red Schoendienst MacGregor G66 2 Front Doug_800.jpg
Red Schoendienst MacGregor G66 2 Back Doug_800.jpg

You could try a google and ebay search with the right key words or check out the website http://www.baseballglovecollector.com and ask Jim if he knows the whereabouts of such a glove
mikesglove

Postby wildcat68 » December 13th, 2012, 10:22 am

That is the glove! If you know of one for sale in that condition or better, please let me know. Again thank you very much for your help.
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby jpop43 » December 13th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Wildcat68...from what I can gather in your original post, I am assuming that the glove you are looking for was the type that belonged to your son prior to him being KIA...Vietnam? Elsewhere?...am I correct in that assumption? If so, let me extend my condolences for your loss and thank you for your son's service and sacrifce.

Many people have posted to the forum looking for gloves of their youth or that of their kids...your request is the first of its kind that I have seen on here and I truly hope that WE as a hobby community can help you out with your pursuit.

Best,
Jonathan
http://www.dugouttreasures.com
82nd Airborne Division, Iraq '03
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » December 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm

I have one just like the one in the pictures that Mike posted. It is a bit more worn, though. Just leaving for work, but I will post pictures of it when I get home tonight. I found it at my local Play It Again Sports years ago. You are welcome to it if you like it.
okdoak

Postby wildcat68 » December 13th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Thanks for everyones help, I lost Josh in June of 1969, he was Special Forces living with the tribes in the Central Highlands, acting as a forward observer .
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby jpop43 » December 13th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Hey Guys,
I don't have this model in my collection to offer up so it may be overstepping, but lets get Wildcat68 linked up with this glove. Thanks to OKDOAK for his offer...I'm excited to see the pics of the glove myself.
JP
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » December 14th, 2012, 3:52 am

Here is the one I have. It does have a name in ink on the heel of the liner. I could try to remove it or make it less noticeable with a little Murphy's Oil Soap if you'd like. Let me know and I'll send it out to you n/c on behalf of the guys on this forum. If nothing else, you'll have one until you find a nicer one. Just post or PM me your address.

okdoak

Postby wildcat68 » December 14th, 2012, 11:21 am

Thank you for your generous offer. I would like to have the glove but I could not take it for free.Please give me a price, and I will gladly pay you. Again thanks to everyone who helped me out, you made an old guys day. Lester Hall 48 Mountainview Road Swanzey NH. 03446
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » December 14th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Does $20 shipped sound okay? Either Paypal to mbravesfan@sbcglobal.net or you can send a check to Greg Gleiss 316 E. Forest Ave Neenah, WI 54956. Very sorry for your loss and glad I could help out with the glove.
okdoak

Postby wildcat68 » December 14th, 2012, 2:19 pm

I will send you a check, as I do not know how to send via PayPal, again thanks, will make my Christmas a little brighter.
wildcat68
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » December 14th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Sounds good, Lester. I will mail it out tomorrow. Best Wishes for the Holidays.
Greg
okdoak

Postby stockbuddy » December 14th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Hi Greg,

Great job with helping Wildcats find that Macgregor glove. Wildcat, sorry for your loss and thank you for your son's service to our country.

You guys have a great Christmas.

Dave
stockbuddy

Next

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted