Gloves for Sale or Trade - Mr. Mitt

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Gloves for Sale or Trade - Mr. Mitt

Postby Mr. Mitt » February 24th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Would like to offer a few gloves for sale or trade. The first is a 1930's Dubow Lou Gehrig basemitt and the second is a 1959-1960 Rawlings Mickey Mantle MM6 "The Comet" with matching box and ball. Going to take a different approach this time, I'm not going to put a value on either of these. I'll entertain offers, both monetary and in glove/mitt trade, or a combination of both.

As far as what I'm looking for, I'm open, but kinda picky. Give me a try. One thing I am actively seeking is an old signature Mickey Mantle XPG20 with strong stampings. The glove itself does't have to be perfect (wear and ink are not an issue). I'd also be interested in purchasing one of these outright if you were to have one available.

Please email me at MrMitt@yahoo.com

Jerry
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Gloves for Sale or Trade - Mr. Mitt

Postby Mr. Mitt » February 24th, 2012, 12:08 pm

1930's Dubow Lou Gehrig 663 basemitt in really nice condition. The mitt is super-clean with very strong stampings. The Dubow shield and "Lou Gehrig" signature stampings are superb, while the block letter "Lou Gehrig Model" stampings near the heel are slightly lighter. The only issue is "Sandy" etched in the leather on the back. Why Sandy did this or what a girl was doing playing first base, is unknown. Make an offer!

Last edited by Mr. Mitt on February 24th, 2012, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Mitt

Postby Mr. Mitt » February 24th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Mint, unused, Rawlings Mickey Mantle MM6 "The Comet" fielder's glove with his old signature dating to 1959-1960, accompanied by its matching retail box and Mantle ball that was originally packaged with it. It's the complete set!!! The 60CC Rawlings Mickey Mantle baseball matches the stampings on the box exactly and remains in its original plastic bag. It's unopened and untouched by human hands! The box is complete and structurally sound, despite normal wear. The only problem with this complete Mantle gift set is that the original owner wrote "Keep Out" and his name on the top of the box. Perhaps we should be glad he did as absolutely nobody touched these things for 50 years! Make an offer!

Mr. Mitt

Postby Mr. Mitt » March 26th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Mantle MM6 is sold... Thank You!
Mr. Mitt

Postby Mr. Mitt » April 26th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Just a bump to say the Gehrig is still available.
Mr. Mitt

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted