Full Webs...One Inch Webs Going Up on eBay tonight

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Re: Full Webs...One Inch Webs Going Up on eBay tonight

Postby deebro041 » June 5th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Looks like the same buyer swooped in last minute and got most of the gloves. He missed the D&M glove.
deebro041

Postby czog32 » June 6th, 2011, 3:29 pm

I would have loved to picked up one of those but she beat me every time. The D+M was mine for sure if my internet had not hiccuped with 5 seconds to go.

Such is life.....
czog32
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » June 7th, 2011, 7:54 am

Hold the phone...There may be a new chapter. Maybe not. Now I've got a buyer who's bought almost all the gloves I listed this time around and I haven't had any communication at all from (I guess) her. I know this can mean the buyer is simply away, but one would think after such a concerted effort to round up all these gloves that there would be a bit more enthusiasm getting them paid for. I'm a poor judge, 'cause I always pay immediately, as I did Sunday night when I bid on and won that interesting Spalding 1" web . With my gloves I completely re-did the shipping price to reflect a single medium sized box for all five gloves. Not a peep out of the buyer. Maybe it will come today. I'm gettin' anxious.
Thanks to Joe for his re-listing idea. That's worked well for the spurned Spalding from last time.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » June 8th, 2011, 10:22 am

All I can say is that eBay id. cobra_mustang773 appears to be a multiple user id and this very thorough snipe job on 5 of my 6 gloves amounting to a bill of almost $700 is being stonewalled. I'm going to have to file cases for each glove, leave 5 negative feedbacks and spend all of this time knowing nothing is going to come of this supposed purchase. Gloves will be re-listed in three or four days. Beware this buyer, more like these buyers especially for moderately costly items. Husband and wife team where the husband went overboard and the wife stands to be penalized. It's all in her name. I'm pretty sick of eBay.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » June 9th, 2011, 7:57 am

Final chapter for anyone following along; Two nights ago I sent an e-mail to the buyer listing what she stood to loose by not making an effort to communicate, and pay for what she won. Last evening I got a call from the husband,( easy, relaxed, civil ) and a paypal payment for three of the five gloves (while my wife and I were spinning cotton candy at the school fair :D ) with a commitment to complete the payment for the other two gloves by next Tuesday. I guess they love to collect so much that the threat of being shut down wasn't working for them. So that's it. Case almost closed.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » June 10th, 2011, 7:58 am

Well Mike, maybe a happy ending to a curious story. Certainly, I'm sure, most of us could write a couple of chapters in a book about ebay buys and sales. If you've ever worked retail sales jobs you know you're going to get a potpourri of "circumstances" over the years. Sort of like the Wal Mart cutomer pictures that make the rounds on emails. I think the most prevalent is the "my son was on my computer. . ."
I'm waiting for "I was drunk!" :wink:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » June 10th, 2011, 9:31 am

Absolutely Joe. I sold a magazine to bookstores and distributors for 25 years. The job was all about communication. Very important to have a sense of the cast of characters you're dealing with. So, in a sense, this is nothing new. Clearly communication itself is something of an endangered trait in our modern world. We're all left to guess at what's what half the time. Now if i buyer wins one of my gloves and pays for it right away, that buyer is getting a bonus from me as a thank you for being simple and straight up honorable. Last guy who did the win and buy routine got an old Bowman Bobby Thompson card thrown in with his glove. My way of saying "thanks" for being normal. :D
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » June 10th, 2011, 10:38 am

On the other end of it, I was told this week during an ebay disbute, that because I bid, won and paid for the item all in under a minute of the item being listed that I confused the seller so much that he didn't know what he was doing
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted