Wanted: Glove Stands

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Wanted: Glove Stands

Postby Centerfield » October 1st, 2008, 5:38 pm

Looking for those wooden dowel glove stands occasionally seen on eBay. As is always the case, I don’t need them when they’re available but want them when they’re not advertised!

Also, a few questions.

If I’m able to locate and purchase a few of these stands, I’d like to paint them to better fit in with my décor. What kind of paint would you suggest as to not damage the interior of gloves over time?

Besides bendable bookends, has anyone seen or used metal glove stands (perhaps the same design as the wooden dowel stand, just in metal)?
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Moonlight Graham » October 3rd, 2008, 5:32 am

I'm interested in these glove stands too, though not in buying them. The distance would increase the cost too much. But could anyone post a few different shots of one particular good wood stand without the glove on it ? My dad is a great cabinetmaker, and he could well make some here. Thanks!
Moonlight Graham
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MTGLOVEGUY » October 3rd, 2008, 11:02 am

although I dont have a picture I can tell you how I made mine, I took a 4x4 post and cut the blocks in 2", 4", and 6" lengths (for the tiered effect), and then used a 1/2" dowel in lengths of 6", 8", and 10" (agian for the tiered effect) and they came out great, only issue I have is with some of the really heavy catchers mitts they tend to lean and fall on the smaller bases but no issues on the other. if you wanted all the same you could go 3" and make 32 of them (roughly) out of one 4x4. not sure on the cost as I did mine a couple of years back but I am positive its a lot cheaper then buying pre-made ones. If you wish to see what they look like go to JD's web site and click the display link, and go to page 2, and then either the eighth or ninth picture. (thes are 4", 6" and 8" ones that I did).
MTGLOVEGUY
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Moonlight Graham » October 7th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Thanks, could you paste the link to JD's site here? I don't know who you're refering to actually... Yeah I know what it must sound like, but...
Moonlight Graham
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MTGLOVEGUY » October 7th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Hi, on the first page of the forums memberlist go to the 33rd person on it which is ebbets55 and click on his web site link, that will take you to the main page, and from there you can have hours upon hours of viewing pleasure. Enjoy!!
MTGLOVEGUY
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » October 7th, 2008, 4:39 pm

- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BigD-Moonlight » October 15th, 2008, 6:46 am

Jerry,
I have some glove holders made from clear plastic. Would be happy to send you a few if you email me with you address. Hope those big gloves are coming your way!
John
BigD-Moonlight
BigD-Moonlight
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » October 17th, 2008, 11:26 am

Appreciate it John! I sent you a note but the email was returned. I must have an old address. When you have time, shoot me your new email at vintageglove@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Glove Holders

Postby Wisey2121 » October 17th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Paper towel holders that are simply a dowel screwed onto a wooden base work great as glove holders. They are real cheap at the Dollar Store. Mark
Wisey2121
Rookie Glove Poster

Glove Stands

Postby softball66 » October 26th, 2008, 8:55 am

Bret Lesan has been making very nice, shelf and hanging glove stands for at least 15 years. And we have many of his stands that work well for us. He combines wood bases with his plastic on his nicer shelf models.
One may contact Bret at:
P. O. Box 297
Blue Springs, MO 64013
phone: 816 224-9187
:)
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby BigD-Moonlight » October 27th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Joe, agreed, Bret's stands are real good. I have used dozens of his "wall hangers".
BigD-Moonlight
BigD-Moonlight
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » October 27th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Thanks guys... much appreciated!
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted