Two Catchers Mitts for Sale...

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Two Catchers Mitts for Sale...

Postby Turning643s » March 28th, 2008, 11:25 am

Hey All,

This is my first time to post and I've done this after a lot of reading on this site, which I must say has been a wealth of knowledge! All this reading has stirred up my love for some of my old ball gloves that I had from my high school playing days. While going thru my equipment bin I found two catchers mitts that I have used very little but are great gloves. I've decided to sell these two to make room for a new addition that will get more use, since I have given up hardball for softball. The first glove is a Nokona Model CM88. I picked this glove up in high school from a guy on our team who had it as one of two backups. I've always taken great care of it, making sure to keep it well conditioned when it was in use. I stored it inside in a storage bin 7 years ago after a good lather of Nokona glove treatment. I pulled it out last night and it looks just like it did when I put it away then. Also in my bin was a Wilson A2516 Carlton Fisk Model. I'm not sure of the age of this one but I'm going with late 70's to 80's. I picked it up at a card show back in the early 90's when I was just getting started playing ball. I never really used it much, but I held onto the glove because I always liked the look of it. After reading this site and hearing how much different people love different gloves, I figured this would be a great place to offer these two up for a new home to someone who will enjoy them much more and much longer than I. I just took some fresh pics of both of them last night and will be posting them on eBay this afternoon. As soon as I get a link I'll post that so anyone can check them out. Anyone who is interested and has any other questions give me a shout. E-mail works best and you can reach me at Cyots82@hotmail.com
Turning643s
Rookie Glove Poster

Link on eBay...

Postby Turning643s » March 28th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Here are the links to the two auctions. The first link is the Nokona and the second the Wilson Fisk Model. Any insight on the gloves would be great. Unfortunately eBay cut off my description field, don't know what happened there but I hope the gloves speak for themselves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =p3907.m29

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =p3907.m29
Turning643s
Rookie Glove Poster

Sold...

Postby Turning643s » April 2nd, 2008, 2:11 pm

I just wanted to add that both gloves sold on Ebay. I hope the new owners, if they happen to be posters on this forum or even if they are not, that they both enjoy the gloves. Now I can post further about my new purchase and use of a Nokona model AMG600-CW. I can't wait until it gets here!
Turning643s
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted