WANTED: MacGregor GF gloves, LH or RH

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

WANTED: MacGregor GF gloves, LH or RH

Postby soaresjp » December 12th, 2007, 10:18 pm

These gloves are awesome! My friend had one from his uncle, and after I tried it out, I bought one on ebay. A year later, realizing that the one I bought would eventually wear out (I use them), I bought another that was almost identical. I ended up buying another LH model for a friend's son and he loves it. The key feature that I am in love with is the solid pocket that is integrated with the main body of the glove. Every throw pops like it's going 90mph. If anybody has seen any GF's, I would be interested in acquiring them. Thanks.
Red Sox Nation. Cradle to Grave.
soaresjp
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » December 12th, 2007, 10:53 pm

I have a great GF30 Jerry Lynch available:

http://www.geocities.com/vintagebrett
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » December 12th, 2007, 11:19 pm

I love those MacGregor GF "Fieldmaster" pocket gloves. They appear to have been MacGregor's answer to compete with the Rawlings "Trap-eze" models. This design seems like it would be well-suited to catching a ball and I'm surprised that some glovemaker hasn't resurrected the style.

I've seen some of these bring surprising prices on eBay, and seen others sell for just a few bucks. Others come up that aren't really identified as Fieldmaster gloves- just generic, old MacGregors- and you can only identify them through close inspection of the included photos.

I'm generally a fan of all the Ohio-based glove companies, such as Goldsmith, MacGregor, OK, and Hutch. Besides the east coast, New England area glove companies, where the glovemaking business originated, I can't think of any other single state that boasted as many makers.
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

GF

Postby soaresjp » December 13th, 2007, 11:23 am

WOW. I've never seen the GF line with the H-style web like that. Beautiful. Have you had it long, or did you pick it up recently? The pocket looks great.
Red Sox Nation. Cradle to Grave.
soaresjp
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » December 13th, 2007, 1:34 pm

I've had the Lynch for over a year now - I think I found it at Brimfield in the summer of 2006. If you are interested, drop me an email. Thanks.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted