Wanted: Mantle & DiMaggio Gloves

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Wanted: Mantle & DiMaggio Gloves

Postby Centerfield » November 20th, 2007, 3:01 pm

WANTED: Top condition, correct hand, Mantle & DiMaggio gloves for this Yankee centerfielder fan. All models considered, but really interested in Rawlings MM or MMP and pre-war Spalding (preferably with a patch) or Reach JD. Please send photos to vintageglove@yahoo.com
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » November 26th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Not Mantle or DiMaggio but I thought I'd mention it. I've got a stunning Rawlings BW51 Heart of the Hide deep navy Bernie Williams glove you might want to check out. I picked this one up from Kenny Jenkins years ago. It's available and I'll send you pics if you're interested. It was made early in Bernie's career and it's basically mint with tags.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » November 27th, 2007, 11:44 am

Do you have a Damon to add to the deal? :D

I appreciate the thought, really, but it pains me venturing into 1960's model gloves for Mantle. I couldn't fathom anthing newer than that. I'd like to focus on pre-1960, if at all possible. I appreciate all the photos people are sending, keep 'em coming! Still waiting for someone to knock me over with a really nice, NM to Mint Rawlings MM ! ! !
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike**Mize » November 28th, 2007, 8:52 am

That's OK. I understand. I like the older gloves best, too. I guess there's no point in mentioning my TPX Melkey Model as another possiblity. Good luck with your search. :D
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » November 28th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Melkey already has a contract to endorse gloves?!?!?! What is this world coming to!!! :lol:
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » January 7th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Thanks to all those who have contacted me regarding Mantle & DiMaggio gloves. I wanted to update this want ad to say that I’m interested in pretty much all gloves of these two endorsers, especially in mint or near mint condition with or without boxes. I know, very tall order, but it never hurts to ask! vintageglove@yahoo.com
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » July 28th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Bueller... Bueller... anybody? :wink:
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted