Hweb pics for Toad

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby BretMan » October 22nd, 2007, 9:07 pm

Beautiful gloves from all!

My initials are "BS" and I would love to have that glove. If you want to send it to its "rightful owner" I'd be glad to cover the postage! :wink:

On the Evans glove- I wonder what those two open holes along the thumb are for? It almost looks like the shell was made to accomodate an "I" bar type web, only there are not any corresponding holes along the index finger.
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

H-web B4/after

Postby glove-works » October 22nd, 2007, 9:10 pm

Took a chance......what appeared too far gone........

Has turned out to be my favorite gloves for catch.....

Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glove-works » October 22nd, 2007, 9:13 pm

BretMan wrote:Beautiful gloves from all!

My initials are "BS" and I would love to have that glove. If you want to send it to its "rightful owner" I'd be glad to cover the postage! :wink:

On the Evans glove- I wonder what those two open holes along the thumb are for? It almost looks like the shell was made to accomodate an "I" bar type web, only there are not any corresponding holes along the index finger.

Interesting, I have a "Doc"Medich gamer with the same (extra holes). The web is unique.....
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby burker72 » October 23rd, 2007, 5:37 am

The H-Web, along with the Modified Trap-eze, is my favorite web. We've all seen the pic of Mantle wearing a Rawlings glove with an H-Web that has the middle vertical strap replaced with a spiral "post" of lacing. Does anyone have a pic of a similar glove? Any idea how that is done, from the removal of the original leather to making the spiral post.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby toad » October 23rd, 2007, 11:28 am

[quote="worldwin"]Beautiful glove...

Just seems odd that an outfielder like Evan who used to use a large Wilson would use a Rawlings infield glove...

I'm pretty sure Dwight Evens was always a Rawlings guy. I even recall Sport Magazine feature on players and their gloves and they went to Dwight and feartured his Rawlings and mentioned he uses a small glove compaired to most outfielders.
Perhaps you were thinking of Darrel Evens? he used Wilson at both 3rd and 1st base.
toad
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 23rd, 2007, 12:23 pm

Check out this link for a piece of evidence supporting Evan's use of the Rawlings H-web:

http://www.americansportsart.com/Dewey.htm

This image is a painting, obviously based on a photograph. But check out the glove in Dewey's locker!

Evans was a Wilson endorser, on their store-bought models, and the records indicate that he also endorsed gloves for Macgregor and Regent. This certainly wouldn't be the first case of a player endorsing a glove for one company, yet prefering the glove of another for game use.

Wonder if he ever had to sew a Wilson patch over the Rawlings label on his glove!
BretMan

Postby MVALZ » October 23rd, 2007, 4:06 pm

I should have posted this pic the other day, so theres no confusion. Evans did the two finger in the pinky trick that outfielders seem to prefer. I do remember seeing a Dewey Wilson XLO on one of the big time auction houses last year...didn't look quite right. Maybe I'll snag this pic off ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/DWIGHT-EVANS-AUTOGRAPH-8X10-PHOTO-BOSTON-RED-SOX_W0QQitemZ280164554075QQihZ018QQcategoryZ27265QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by MVALZ on October 23rd, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby worldwin » October 23rd, 2007, 6:25 pm

The Rawlings looks bigger than I thought, and it appears that he did use that model. But he started out using Wilson gloves, along with his outfield mates as this photo shows.

The Wilson that Lynn is using is the same game model of his that I have.

Now...if only someone can come up with a Rice gamer...that would be sweet!
worldwin
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby toad » October 23rd, 2007, 10:29 pm

Very nice stuff guys :D
toad
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oakfan33 » October 24th, 2007, 11:45 am

Glove-Works,

Very nice job on the glove that you thought was a goner. What really amazes me is how you can restore much of the color and eliminate alot of what appears to be cracking of the leather. I'll post a question in the glove repair/restoration section.
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » December 18th, 2007, 4:45 pm

When I get some time I will try to post pics of my H-webs.

I have 2 Musial H-webs, both Leftys One is amazing. I have it autographed by Musial in silver sharpie, with a pic of him signing it. I have the pen he signed it with. I have the Box, the Picture, list of records, and Rawlings book that accompanied the glove in the box. I also have advertixements, and a Rawlings Trade publication dedicated to the SM6 (it is also autographed). And I actually have some amazing Art that is a reproduction of a SM6 Add

Hey H-web, Is one of your SM6's a Boog Powell SM6. I have been looking for one for some time. I have a printing block from a sporting goods store that is Boog Powell SM6 and would like to add the glove
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » January 3rd, 2008, 9:37 pm

just another i-web :lol:
Last edited by spedrunr on January 9th, 2008, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spedrunr

SM6 Boog Powell

Postby H-webman » January 8th, 2008, 6:30 pm

No I dont have a Boog SM6 but, like you have been on the look out for many moons.
H-webman
H-webman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 9th, 2008, 6:09 pm

Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 21st, 2008, 3:37 am

Here is one of mine:

Great glove but made for a large hand...
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information