Rawlings XFCB HOH and Nokona ML-R Gloves

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings XFCB HOH and Nokona ML-R Gloves

Postby vintagebrett » September 14th, 2007, 8:11 am

Here are two gloves I am going to put up on eBay next week. Thought I would give the forum members first shot if you are interested.

First up is a Rawlings XFCB Heart of the Hide glove. This was the top of the line glove from 1970 until 1977 according to the source book. Glove is in very good shape. Leather is soft and supple. Stampings worn but visible. All original lacing and binding in good shape. Lining has a little cracking and two small holes, right at the top of the ring and middle finger slots. Otherwise, the lining is smooth. No visible ink and tag intact with some wear. $275 shipped.

Second up is a Nokona model ML-R full back glove. The stampings in the palm indicate that this Kanga-Leather - I don't think the whole glove is Kangaroo - it feels like regular glove leather to me - it might just be the pocket area. The glove is great - all leather is super soft and supple. Stampings in palm faded. Great tag, no ink. Inner lining is great and has extra padding for the fingers. Awesome! $175 shipped.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

ooooooh!

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 14th, 2007, 10:44 am

oooh! ooooh! aaahhh!!

LOVE that Nocona ... a buddy of mine had that glove in Little League, which he had inherited from his dad. We made fun of him because of the full back look ... we called it the turtle glove! :lol: But he was a good player and made the glove look good ... soon we all wanted to borrow it to improve OUR games! :lol:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information