Rawlings RSeven Series

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings RSeven Series

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 10th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Just got a great deal on a brand new Rawlings R7120B on ebay for my junior league son. Got it for a song, on a second chance offer. The blurb said it was a part of the Gold Glove series ... wow, what a deal, I thought ... well, turns out of course, that the RSeven series is NOT a part of the GG series. In hindsight, how could I not have noticed that the model number was not GG-R7120B? How careless of me ... :oops: I should have paid closer attention.

However, it seems to be a very well-made glove. The tag shows a retail price of $99.99, so, I got a mid-line priced glove (which would have been a high-priced glove at regular price for this low-paid teacher :cry: ) at a significant discount ... good, heavyweight leather, good web, good thicker than usual lacing ... IT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A GG! ... plus my son loves the glove ... NO COMPLAINTS HERE! I contacted the ebay-er and told him what I found ... no real complaints, he may just want to change the description on his other gloves. Like I said, I should have paid closer attention ... I knew better, I just thought I was getting a terriffic deal! :roll:

ANYWAY ... I am having a hard time finding info on the RSeven series online. Is this a new series? It's not really a part of the Gold Glove series, is it? Anybody else out there heard of them? :?:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Anyone? Anyone?

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 14th, 2007, 1:10 am

No one has heard of the RSeven series from Rawlings? Oh, well, as I said, my son loves it and we are in the process of breaking it in slowly by playing catch. He says it is really stiff and hard to close, and I said, "Good, that's the way a new glove is supposed to feel ... if it was flimsy when we bought it just think how flimsy it would be in a couple of seasons!" He agreed, saying "Father of mine, once again your superior intelligence and understanding are examples to me!" (That last part didn't REALLY happen, but he would have said it if he had thought to!) :wink:

Put me down as a happy RSeven owner. It seems to be a really good, middle price range glove.

:)
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Some pics

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 14th, 2007, 1:19 am

Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

A guess on the R7

Postby etd » September 15th, 2007, 3:05 am

I am going to take a guess on this one. Rawlings has made special edition mid priced gloves that were not listed in their catalog. For example, the RTD Series models were made for independent dealers. Some special edition series models were made for chain stores such as the Sports Authority and Dick's Sporting Goods. I think the R7 series was made for Dick's Sporting Goods as I remember seeing a black line of Rawlings gloves that I didn't recognize in a Michigan location in late March. Anyhow, your glove is very nice and it is a unique design that is not part of the Rawlings regular model lineup. And yes, it is good to have a new stiff glove. Glad to see that your child appreciates that. Enjoy!
etd
Rookie Glove Poster

good guess

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 15th, 2007, 11:11 am

That is probably a very good guess, since it was delivered with a Dick's tag on it! 8)
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

and thank you!

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 15th, 2007, 11:12 am

And Thanks!
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » October 13th, 2007, 2:51 pm

I saw these gloves at dick's sporting goods on sale or clearance for about $40.00 a couple of months ago.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information