RBG36 vs. RSE36?

This is an archive section - it is read only

RBG36 vs. RSE36?

Postby Cowboy7130 » August 25th, 2007, 5:24 am

I would like to collect gloves endorsed by my favorite modern players, one of whom is Cal Ripken, Jr. I found a really nice looking Rawlings RSE36 on ebay this morning and I was wondering, what are some of the differences between the RBG36 and the RSE36? Is one of a higher quality than the other? I know the RBG36 is one of the most common gloves ever built, or maybe I should say one of the best selling gloves of all time ( :) )
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » August 26th, 2007, 10:06 am

Cowboy,

I have one of each of those models, so I'll try to give you a side-by-side comparison- but it will have to be later tonight as I'm heading out to umpire a fastpitch tournament and won't be back until this evening!

The RBG36 I have is an early Ken Griffey model. It is a fairly thick and heavy glove, much nicer than what these models have morphed into in recent years. This one came from eBay a couple of years ago.

My RSE36 is also the Cal Ripken model. I bought it new from a department store around 1995, with the intent of having my daughter use it in her games. She liked her old glove and never even used this one.

At the time I was playing adult league baseball and using baseball-sized gloves. It was several years later that I got on a slow pitch softball team and needed a bigger glove. The Ripken glove had sat unused and grabbed it off the shelf. It has held up well for about eight seasons of use, with just a little chafing on the red palm pad inside.

I'll try to get them both together and see if there are any obvious differences.
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information