Did another company make Easton USA Pro series gloves?

This is an archive section - it is read only

Did another company make Easton USA Pro series gloves?

Postby etd » August 19th, 2007, 12:20 pm

I have an Easton USA Pro 65 infielder's glove which I like very much. If I remember correctly, Easton had 2 other lines of gloves that were made in the USA before this one...the Redline Pro and the American Elite. Did Easton have its own US based factory? Or did another US company make these gloves for Easton? Just curious.
etd
Rookie Glove Poster

Easton Made in USA Pro Series

Postby GloveGypsy » August 19th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Hi, I own an unused black PRO10 and it is really nice. I am not sure who made this glove, but it is sweet.

I know, I know..... this is a modern USA made glove. However, it is one of the "Last of the Mohicans" of USA made baseball gloves, and that in itself is a novelty. It can be preserved now for it's role as a near mint vintage glove in the future.

[img][img]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x4/GloveGypsy/IMG_0142.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x4/GloveGypsy/IMG_0144.jpg[/img]
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Easton USA

Postby dpearl » September 6th, 2007, 10:21 pm

I remember seeing one like this on ebay awhile back. Looked like a quality glove, and the price seemed very reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP.dll?Vie ... 0137264189
Last edited by dpearl on September 8th, 2007, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dpearl
Rookie Glove Poster

A thought

Postby softball66 » September 7th, 2007, 7:22 am

Easton and Mizuno in the early days ('70s-'80s) were distributed by a firm called Curley Bates, which I think headquartered in California. So there was an association of sorts between Easton and Mizuno through this company.
Could be that Mizuno, after it opened its Georgia shop, and did make some USA gloves for Mizuno, also made some USAs for Easton. We might also think that Mizuno made Easton's gloves overseas, but I have no way to back this up.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Easton PRO 10

Postby GloveGypsy » September 8th, 2007, 3:27 pm

Hey Pearl,

Speaking of black leather, USA made ball gloves....you should see the A2000 XLO that I have!

-GG
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Easton US Made gloves?

Postby etd » September 15th, 2007, 3:23 am

Yes, I remember Curley Bates from my junior high school baseball days. They used to advertise Easton bats and Mizuno gloves together.

I remember when Easton gloves first hit the market. Some of the designs were just awful...awkwardly shaped patterns and odd features such as a nylon strap such as you would find on a backpack as a wrist adjuster. In the mid 90s, their glove designs really improved. But Easton has always done things a little differently with their gloves...look at today's models with kevlar backs and loopless thumb channels.

Do you think Glovesmith might have made some of Easton's US gloves. Some of the two companies' designs are similar. My Easton USA65 glove looks like a Glovesmith glove. This is just a guess on my part.
etd
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information