NOKONA CUSTOM GLOVE - FORGET IT!

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I have removed my posting voluntarily.
Last edited by Glovenut 1 on January 30th, 2009, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » January 28th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Wow, and now you praise Bob after ripping on him before. Glad you finally realized that Bob is the best , and only (at least reliable) guy IN THE BUSINESS to talk to about getting a quality custom USA made glove.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » January 28th, 2009, 8:35 pm

The next sound you hear will be the final nail in the coffin of this subject and the M.G.F. Thanks guys its been fun. See you in cyberspace.
drz
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: NOKONA CUSTOM GLOVE - FORGET IT!

Postby m18 » January 29th, 2009, 11:08 am

Sounds to me like a business plan that figured mass production is the best choice for them. For others custom looks more promising. Why blame anyone?
m18
Rookie Glove Poster

M18's Comments Re: Nokona

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 29th, 2009, 11:46 am

It's not a matter of blame. Maybe you don't "get it"- Nokona said they would do a custom glove but I didn't realize their idea of CUSTOM was- do it OUR way- or NO way.

When I'm paying for custom- it'll be MY way. It's not as if I requested the moon and the stars. I've got numerous custom gloves and I have NEVER had to deal with such non-caring individuals.

Hope that clarifies matters for you.

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Last edited by Glovenut 1 on January 30th, 2009, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby quaz95 » January 29th, 2009, 7:21 pm

dude you get to upset over baseball gloves. relax
"To live is Christ to die is Gain."
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » January 29th, 2009, 8:13 pm

quaz95 wrote:dude you get to upset over baseball gloves. relax

agreed. if they stole your money...different story.
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby swingman » January 30th, 2009, 12:02 am

swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 30th, 2009, 2:21 am

As everyone can readily see; the last THREE posts are malicious and add absolutely nothing.

Rather than rip someone else out of sheer spite- why don't these same members spend less time knocking others about their postings and more time thinking of relevant things to say.

Seems to me that it's the same group that constantly belittles others. If you disagree with someone's viewpoint, give them a reason to consider your alternative take on a subject.

These types of postings are of no value whatsoever and do not address ANY issues that have been stated. These are the musings of attention seekers with nothing better to do and nothing to add. The cyberspace equivalent to unwanted graffitti on your store-front walls.

I'm sorry, but the purpose of the Glove Forum is to exchange ideas, not to act childishly. If you wish to zing me, send me a private email. Not everyone revels in this sniping or wishes to be exposed to it.

Thanks,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby aliciabb » January 30th, 2009, 5:24 pm

I personally love your posts. I'm always excited to see what glovenut has gotten himself into.
aliciabb
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby H-webman » January 30th, 2009, 5:42 pm

This is also part of the reason why they are doing away with the modern glove section. I think its a shame that some feel the need to have the ultimate last word. This site is for those of us who love this hobby to interact and share information. the guy was just sharing his experience for the rest of us for what it was worth. Now watch the posts attacking my comments. The vintage members seem to be much more respectful of one another and less apt to one up the other. There is a lesson there.
H-webman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 30th, 2009, 7:42 pm

Hi Everyone;

Erased my original posting because quite honestly, there is no point in sharing my experiences with some of the "elders" who deem it sport to jump all over anyone who they tend to disapprove-of or disagree with. Rather than have to listen to their drivel; I caved and withdrew the thread.

Am I sorry I did so- sure. Is the Forum less jumpy- only temporarily until someone has the "nerve" to step outside the unknown bounds set by these quasi (quaz95) armchair mavens whose great joy in life often seems to be that they revel in thinking the Forum is entirely THEIR domain.

I encourage everyone who is exposed to this mindless ridicule to tell these village buffoons to either participate in good will or go back to their beer and pretzels. Sorry mates- I've got better things to do like watching Brad Carlton "get his" on the Y&R. Women love it that men can sometimes talk about things THEY like (not being sterotypical). Too bad men mostly engage in unwinnable conflicts, isn't it.

Hey tough guys- go watch "Pride of the Yankees" and loosen-up by shedding a few tears. Maybe the Y&R is simply too sappy. Sorry I even mentioned it. And NO- don't try ordering a Nokona Custom glove. Had to get that in.

Everyone have a great weekend. If all we have to worry about is one glove being better than another glove- LIFE MUST BE GRAND.

Things could be a helluva lot worse- you could be Roger Clemens! Put it all into perspective and we'll all be buddies!

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information