Attention Modern Glove Collectors

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby skwid » January 9th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Thanks for hosting the forum. I only wish I had stumbled on it earlier!
skwid
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby StgoGiant » January 9th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Great job with the modern glove section - and the forum in general. I'm sure the Vintage Forum will continue to thrive as the new Glove Works forum builds just as strong a name for itself.

Thanks!!!
StgoGiant
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » January 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm

I'm so sorry to see it go. As a modern collector/enthusiast, rather than a vintage one, I will definitely check out the new forum though...thanks for starting it up Wake.

I understand wanting to get back to the vintage focus, and I certainly understand not having time to moderate...I'm just sad. :cry:

Well thank you for all your hard work for providing this place for me to chat and learn about the modern style gloves.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby lileague » January 11th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I only posted a few times, but read almost daily. Brett, you've done a great job with all sections of the forum. Thanks for all the work!
lileague
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oldreliable » January 11th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Nothing but praise for vintagebrett from me. Brett, thank you for having allowed this go on for as long as you did. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to this forum.

I'm a guy who straddles the line between the vintage and modern models of gloves. The gloves I like run from about 1965 to 1975, so I have spent much time in both areas of the forum, and will no doubt continue to stop here daily for the vintage leather.

As the modern section grew and grew, I, at times, had the feeling that the VBGF had lost some of its focus and was being overpowered by the interest in modern leather, which is equally legitimate. With the new site starting for the modern gloves, not only will the VBGF regain its original focus and allow Brett more rest, but the new site could really end up being better suited as a place to explore and show today's gloves if we work at it over there. I hope and think that two individual forums will better serve the needs of their members--thus I see cause for happiness over this decision.

And I'm really excited about the new forum starting up. Thank you to Wake for picking up the banner and allowing it to fly continuously.

Brett, this is my favorite place on the web, and it will continue to be just that! Thanks very much.

John,
Ithaca, NY
oldreliable
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » January 11th, 2009, 11:09 pm

oldreliable wrote:
As the modern section grew and grew, I, at times, had the feeling that the VBGF had lost some of its focus and was being overpowered by the interest in modern leather, which is equally legitimate.

I couldnt have said it better myself.
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

sticky situation

Postby airasslt » January 14th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Thank you brett for your foresight and dedication great site. A lot of good memories of a simpler time in my life. 8)
The greatest reward for attempting a challenge is knowing that there always new challenges to attempt
airasslt
Rookie Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information