Eddie Feigner The King

This is an archive section - it is read only

Eddie Feigner The King

Postby MVALZ » January 4th, 2009, 10:08 pm

I've found a few of these MacGregor MG55s over the years. Good solid 13.5" softball glove endorsed by softball legend Eddie Feigner. They do pretty well on ebay. This is the cleanest one I've seen...should do well.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby aliciabb » January 4th, 2009, 10:25 pm

how's the leather on these
aliciabb
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » January 4th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Middle of the road stuff. Best part is the web. I know Feigner barnstormed all over the country... anyone ever see him play?
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 5th, 2009, 9:37 pm

check out this video on the King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkUk4mYN9w
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Eddie Feigner

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 12th, 2009, 8:02 am

In Toronto (where I live)- as a youngster, I saw Eddie strikeout the side of semi-pro Toronto Maple Leafs from the International League- get this- from second base. That's not all because HE DID IT BLINDFOLDED.

He was a showman, a great American and he should be in the Hall of Fame. So should a lot of other very deserving guys but let's not get into that mess.

The King and His Court ;as they were called, travelled the world much like the Globetrotters. They brought great entertainment and joy to all who watched them. A real CLASS act.

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

see to believe

Postby softball66 » January 12th, 2009, 3:05 pm

How he could torque his arm that way !!! @@ !!!
Un BEEL ievable! Walter Johnson, Bob Feller, Nolan Ryan, take a step back.
This guy could bring the ball. I saw him in person and was glad I didn't have to get in the batter's box. The blindfold from 2b. . . behind his back. And his entourage court was small, just , catcher, 1b and a fielder three guys. They could hit too. Friends if you haven't played/faced old time fast pitch, you've really not learned about how necessary bat speed and reaction are for those pitches.
I think they radar ed Eddie once with Bob Feller and he was faster than Bullet Bob.
Nocona made his gamers red white and blue gloves for years. :roll: :roll: :roll:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information