Professional Game Issued vs. Game Model Gloves

This is an archive section - it is read only

Professional Game Issued vs. Game Model Gloves

Postby frikativ54 » January 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Hey Guys - I'm new to the forum. I am wondering how to tell the difference between game issued and game model professional gloves on eBay. For example, the following glove is listed as game issued:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENNY-LOFTON-GAME-I ... 240%3A1318

How is one to know that this glove is truly game issued and not just a game model glove? I don't quite get the difference between game issued and game model - could someone please explain it to me?

Thanks,

Les
frikativ54
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » January 4th, 2009, 10:36 pm

I believe that is the same glove Doc posted up here on the site and then sold on ebay for around $160. Earlier today I saw the bidding was up to about $370 from the original ebay winner. The guy who won it originally is going to make a couple of bucks by flipping it I would say.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby frikativ54 » January 4th, 2009, 11:10 pm

yankees23 wrote:I believe that is the same glove Doc posted up here on the site and then sold on ebay for around $160. Earlier today I saw the bidding was up to about $370 from the original ebay winner. The guy who won it originally is going to make a couple of bucks by flipping it I would say.

Based on PMs, I now think that they are one and the same glove. Do we know whether the glove is considered game model or game issued?

Thanks!
frikativ54
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » January 5th, 2009, 1:31 am

So wait Doc glove sold it on here to someone for a really good deal, then they turned around and flipped it to make a little $$ ????
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » January 5th, 2009, 7:05 pm

No I believe he offered it here and I guess no one wanted it so he listed it on ebay. Below is the original post.

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... php?t=3112
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby frikativ54 » January 7th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Does someone have Bob from Rawlings' email? I am looking to ask him some questions on game used vs. game issued gloves.
frikativ54
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » January 8th, 2009, 1:12 pm

his member name on here is docglov. Send him a message on here, he'll get back to you.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Good topic

Postby softball66 » January 12th, 2009, 12:05 pm

I would presume that there are three stages perhaps of "Professional" game issue/model gloves under the current system of glove manufacturers. Most of the professional gloves are made as "Pro Stock" that is premium gloves, leather and craftsmanship that are ready to provide the professional/major league players. These are pulled out of stock for the individual players who
are under contract and are requesting their "game" gloves from their manufacturer. Most of these are probably distributed during early spring training to the various players, major and minor leaguers. Virtually all of these, with some exceptions, are now made offshore. I am curious, at this point, about the personal embroidery name done on the gloves for specific players, wondering when this is done when the glove is made or afterwards.
Doc can probably answer this question.
Now we have the "game" gloves, issued to players that are returned for some reason and either slightly used (for warmup/catch) or unused by that player. These could also be given to various friends, etc.
The third is most important and valuable glove, is that used in games by the player.
Hope this makes a little sense and it's a little conjecture on my part.
the player.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby aliciabb » January 12th, 2009, 7:36 pm

I think it was stated the you have to do the embroidery while the glove is built. I'm 90% sure I read that as I was trolling the archives.
aliciabb
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information