Did BROOKS ROBINSON'S GLOVES on ebay just skyrocket or what?

This is an archive section - it is read only

Did BROOKS ROBINSON'S GLOVES on ebay just skyrocket or what?

Postby quaz95 » December 31st, 2008, 9:37 am

hey guys i picked up the iweb brooks and paid like 170 for and the xpg3 went for like 300 dollars and the minty went for 900, did people just jack up the price because the quaility of usa gloves have went down? Do you think maybe these where late christmas parties? What you guys think.

john
"To live is Christ to die is Gain."
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » December 31st, 2008, 12:49 pm

I don't know what is going on but I was watching that auction and was shocked it finally went for $911.00. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Brooks Robinson XPG

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 4th, 2009, 6:10 am

I also followed this auction. In fact- I had an early bid until things went haywire. First of all, how many of these gloves will you find in this great condition? Then there's the "name factor", add a few more hundred.

What finally drove this glove to 911.00 was that it was listed well, it was easy to find, it was near Xmas, and the pics were quite stunning. I've got the same glove in real good condition but not looking quite this terrific.

Show me anyone that wouldn't want a big buck for this glove and I'll show you a moron or a person who simply hasn't got a clue about high-end gloves.

Was the price too high- was it worth what the winner paid? It doesn't really matter because the person who won it sure thinks so. Who knows why people spend what they do. And ultimately- who's business is it to know?

Where I will agree that 911 bucks to most of us seems very steep; it's now "chump change" to a host of others. It may not be "right", but it sure is becoming reality.
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information