Anyone on here own or ever try a ROLIN baseball glove??

This is an archive section - it is read only

Anyone on here own or ever try a ROLIN baseball glove??

Postby RedSoxFan81 » December 15th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Just was curious if anyone had owned or tried one of these. A friend of mine I play ball with had an 11.5" H web that was very nice quality. May have to pick one up.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby baseballer935 » December 15th, 2008, 10:37 pm

I work at the little league I used to play at in the concession stand and in the lost and found there was a brown Rolin glove, it looked pretty old and had I believe a single post web, the leather was pretty nice and durable....then the owner came and took it before I could look at it anymore lol.

-Kyle
"If you follow the crowd, you might just get lost in it."
baseballer935
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » December 16th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Haha, that's funny. Thanks for the input Kyle. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy one of them and see how it turns out. I probably should sell a glove before I buy another, but that never seems to happen :wink:
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby baseballer935 » December 16th, 2008, 11:03 pm

http://www.rolindeportes.com/
Everything is in Spanish and it looks like you can order custom gloves from their site, too bad I can't read it :D

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=72407
This thread also looks interesting.

-Kyle
"If you follow the crowd, you might just get lost in it."
baseballer935
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » December 17th, 2008, 12:01 am

Well I bought it, and it's gonna ship out tomorrow. Here's some pics of it, sorry they are such bad quality, the seller just snapped them with a simple camera from his phone. It's been used for part of a season, but isn't all the way broken in.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

rolin glove

Postby glovefan » December 17th, 2008, 2:21 am

Barraza is the same brand as rolin but is sold more in the US. i have a huge barraza catchers mitt that has held up great after 4 years. thick leather but it seems to vary a lot. they are made in mexico and rolin is the brand name more used in Mexico. Great gloves, good price
Scootboy
glovefan
Rookie Glove Poster

Rolin/Barazza gloves

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 21st, 2008, 7:35 am

Hi-
I have about 5 of these gloves and 3 are CUSTOM. Might want to try an I web in Tan. I've always requested the harder hide. Takes longer to break-in but these are FANTASTIC gloves.

Something about the leather- it seems stronger and I'm convinced these will hold-up a long time. My guess is the tanning is different and likely the laws concerning same are more relaxed.

If you order one- specify that you play at a PRO level because you'll receive a stiffer glove that to my mind is very sturdy. Just in the process of getting a Salinas and these also look great.

You'll like a pro level Rolin. These gloves are used extensively throughout Latin America by many National Teams. By the way- the orders go through a terrific gentleman in the States. Fabulous to deal with. I had a Tan custom that arrived with a small oil smudge and told them. I got another glove made immediately and they told me to keep the other as well. Who gives you THAT kind of service!

One last tidbit- ask for the Bullhide leather- you'll fall in love and wonder why it took you so long to finally order one. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Lugnut » December 22nd, 2008, 2:01 pm

My son has one of the Salinas "trainer" gloves that he's used since he was 5. I love that glove. I also have a 333 model. Very stout leather.
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » December 22nd, 2008, 2:32 pm

I was told by someone who was a glove rep that the Rolin gloves in the states that are the top of the line are the red labeled ones with the XPT marking on them. I guess it's kinda like their version of a pro preferred etc. But yeah, when I went on the mexico site , the top ones are like you mentioned with the PRO designation. Glad to hear the positive stuff regarding the company and the gloves. I'm hoping my used one will show up today in the mail.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Lugnut » December 22nd, 2008, 3:53 pm

RedSoxFan, I'll bet that glove will be similar to my 333X:

http://www.s3grandstands.com/proinfield.htm
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster

Rolin Gloves

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 22nd, 2008, 5:42 pm

Hi Lugnut;

I'm getting a 440 model. Very nice glove. It's on the Salinas website. The trouble with Salinas is that they don't have a big selection of Left Hand Throw gloves.

At 65 bucks (from a dealer of Salinas gloves on eBay), how can I possibly lose. I should have it shortly and when I get it- I'll let you know what I think.

They'll have a tough time besting Rolin however. What I like best is that these Tex/Mex gloves are not this cookie-cutter boring stuff that we're bombarded with. ad nauseum.

Regards,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Rolin Gloves

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 22nd, 2008, 5:42 pm

Hi Lugnut;

I'm getting a 440 model. Very nice glove. It's on the Salinas website. The trouble with Salinas is that they don't have a big selection of Left Hand Throw gloves.

At 65 bucks (from a dealer of Salinas gloves on eBay), how can I possibly lose. I should have it shortly and when I get it- I'll let you know what I think.

They'll have a tough time besting Rolin however. What I like best is that these Tex/Mex gloves are not this cookie-cutter boring stuff that we're bombarded with ad nauseum.

Regards,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Lugnut » December 22nd, 2008, 5:55 pm

And Orlando Salinas is left handed...LOL, I'll have to ask him about that. My son plays on his 8U select team. I'm helping him setup his site for secure online shopping so hopefully they'll be a noticeable improvement in info and options.
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » December 23rd, 2008, 7:43 pm

My used Rolin glove showed up today. I will very likely purchase another glove from this company. I'm impressed with the overall quality of the glove. I would have preferred to buy a new one so I could shape it more to my own liking, but I got it for half price so I don't mind. I will most likely order another XPT series rolin, but probably an 11.5 or 11.75"
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Rolin Purchase

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 23rd, 2008, 8:05 pm

Hi- Sounds like a good "score"! I'm all for supporting people who are Artisans rather than the sweat-shops in Asian lands.

There is a growing market for these gloves and hopefully- these smaller firms will stay true to their ability to provide very interesting alternatives to the regular bill of fare. These companies should be supported by all North American glove lovers.

Barring wars or severe economic upheaval in Asian lands; these gloves are as close as you'll likely get to having gloves made by North American, hard-working people using great leathers and a ton of individuality.

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Next

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information