Clarification of PRO SHOP

This is an archive section - it is read only

Clarification of PRO SHOP

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 12:38 pm

Ok this is really starting to get to me, mainly because it deceives buyers and is unfair for the unsuspecting.
Here is my clarification of "PRO SHOP" that I think we all should use when talking gloves.

Rawlings Pro Shop- Gloves that can only be ordered by pro/minor league players that have options not available on websites, and you cannot even get on a website. In our term, these are the rarest current gloves out (minus old school USA's). These include most meshback gloves, dual hinge web gloves, complete model numbers like PRO200-6K ect.

Rawlings St. Louis Shop- Self explanitory. Stuff you order thru Eastbay that Bob takes care of in St. Louis.

The other Rawlings Pro Shop- I term this the Public Pro Shop or Rawlings Custom Shop. SamGonzo has a GREAT collection of gloves ordered this way. These are the gloves you can order from Ballgloves.com, Baseball Express, Baseball Savings, ect. These gloves will all come with their model number stamped (not CGB anymore) with a one number or 2 number code for their web indication. Unlike real Pro Shop gloves, there is no continuation of the model number with color and materials noted.
For example:

A black pro preferred PRO200 with H web from the custom shop will read PRO200-6. From the Pro Shop it will read PRO200-6KB. (K for kip, B for black).

I have a pro DJ2 I bought from ballgloves.com. It is labeled a PRODJ2-1. Had I gotten it thru the pro shop it would have been a PRODJ2. No -1. Only number coded models have extensions of the model for the web code from the Pro Shop. The Custom shop now adds a -X to EVERYTHING.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Clarification of PRO SHOP

Postby glovemedic » December 3rd, 2008, 2:03 pm

Hrking4675 wrote: The other Rawlings Pro Shop- I term this the Public Pro Shop or Rawlings Custom Shop..... gloves will all come with their model number stamped (not CGB anymore) with a one number or 2 number code for their web indication.

My custom HOH glove purchase from HQ4Sports last Nov was designated like this "CGB27F", Custom Glove Black 27 (12.75") Fastback. It was an H web model as opposed to the usual Trap model OF glove.
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Baseball Express Custom Rawlings gloves.

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:04 pm

Since you are so sure of yourself and so concerned about our well-being, why don't you act as our spokesperson and speak to the head honcho at BBX.

I'm going by what is told to me BY THEM! If it's not true , partly true, or you're wrong- maybe you can share that with us seeing that you're into proving everyyone wrong.

Better yet- have Bob Clevenhagen sort this mess out and advise us all. Since Rawlings are certainly not my absolute favourite gloves to begin with- I'm not upset, nor do I actually care. But- it's obvious that you're right into this nonsense so you can chase-down the truth while I purchase U.S. gloves from manufacturers who don't engage in smoke and mirror slight of hand. Good luck getting this sorted out so that "normal" folks can understand this hokus-pokus. It's a bloody waste of time. I won't order this glove afterall. I'll stick with people who don't bother with B.S. and slight of hand - NOKONA. And I'll continue to buy the older Macs, Wilsons, and the Tex/Mex gloves that ARE U.S. made before the age of bombast and bull----! Ultimately- who really cares! It's a baseball glove! Get over it!

Have a fun time sorting out the folks telling the truth from the multitude of liars. This show keep you busy for a LONG while.

Your buddy in gloves,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Baseball Express Custom Rawlings gloves.

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:10 pm

Glovenut 1 wrote:Since you are so sure of yourself and so concerned about our well-being, why don't you act as our spokesperson and speak to the head honcho at BBX.

I'm going by what is told to me BY THEM! If it's not true , partly true, or you're wrong- maybe you can share that with us seeing that you're into proving everyyone wrong.

Better yet- have Bob Clevenhagen sort this mess out and advise us all. Since Rawlings are certainly not my absolute favourite gloves to begin with- I'm not upset, nor do I actually care. But- it's obvious that you're right into this nonsense so you can chase-down the truth while I purchase U.S. gloves from manufacturers who don't engage in smoke and mirror slight of hand. Good luck getting this sorted out so that "normal" folks can understand this hokus-pokus. It's a bloody waste of time. I won't order this glove afterall. I'll stick with people who don't bother with B.S. and slight of hand - NOKONA. And I'll continue to buy the older Macs, Wilsons, and the Tex/Mex gloves that ARE U.S. made before the age of bombast and bull----! Ultimately- who really cares! It's a baseball glove! Get over it!

Have a fun time sorting out the folks telling the truth from the multitude of liars. This show keep you busy for a LONG while.

Your buddy in gloves,

Glovenut 1

I think that is basically a convalouted admission of incorrect info :D

Interesting that you are not getting the glove afterall....
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Clarification of PRO SHOP

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:20 pm

glovemedic wrote:
Hrking4675 wrote: The other Rawlings Pro Shop- I term this the Public Pro Shop or Rawlings Custom Shop..... gloves will all come with their model number stamped (not CGB anymore) with a one number or 2 number code for their web indication.

My custom HOH glove purchase from HQ4Sports last Nov was designated like this "CGB27F", Custom Glove Black 27 (12.75") Fastback. It was an H web model as opposed to the usual Trap model OF glove.

I have one from them too with the same stamping. Im talking about the new ones that started shippin gin Aug 2008. They have the new more pro-like model naming.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:23 pm

Unfortunately, Bob will probably have to sort this out and waste his time with it now. Hopefully he will just see what I wrote and just say yes, it is correct and save himself the time.

Glovenut1,
If you dont care about gloves, get off the forum. Nobody needs to hear what you have to say and you have no credibility here.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

YOUR IGNORANCE

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 4:52 pm

Who died and made you the Grand Pasha of gloves. Sort it out with Baseball Express, Clevenhagen and stop spouting letters/numbers like a computer that's gone TILT!

Have some cohones and speak to Baseball Express before you summarily put me down. You make it sound as if I have ruined the Rawlings name and business. They do that very well without any assistance from me. I give you the cheaply made burgundy HOH (not Horween) as an immediate example that comes to mind. Also- the Primo that nobody in the PROS uses since it weighs as much as a horse saddle.

Did you ever think (not likely) that Rawlings should issue a statement about these Custom Gloves and clear the air. So far- all I've heard from you is HOT AIR! I doubt very much if anyone can fully grasp what you're saying. You're the professor Irwin Corey of ball gloves.

In other words, you're INTOXICATED WITH THE EXHUBERANCE OF YOUR OWN VERBOSITY! Cut the nonsense and clear the air- invest the dime and call these folks. I'm telling you exactly what THEY told me. Your battle is not with me buddy. Deal with them- then deal with yourself.

I refuse to argue with anyone who is refusing to check things as I did before writing. If I'm incorrect at all- it's SOLELY because I've been fed incorrect and misleading information. In my country- that's FRAUD!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 5:13 pm

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... ight=#9566

read this thread, and stop talking about this
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 5:15 pm

and just for the record, i did "check things"
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 5:30 pm

Hey, chief. I called Baseball express as I wrote in the other thread this morning. I was told by Jacob they are made in the Philippines. This is my last post regarding your nonsense. Everyone here knows you are a waste of time, so please, take your business and hot air elsewhere.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Baseball Express

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 5:38 pm

I was told by these people (on the phone): the custom HOH gloves are made in the St. Louis Custom SHOP and that's it. I'm telling you what they told me on THREE different occasions.

From what I'm seeing/hearing, I'm incorrect. But- only in the fact that I have been given bogus information by the firm that takes the orders. My sincerest apologies.

I honestly was told this. I think it important that not only should the members of the Glove Forum know about this but Baseball Express should be made fully aware that they are seriously misleading prospective buyers. I'm a businessman and I sell General Insurance every day. I've been doing it for 35 years and my Dad before me for 43. We have a good name. I'm straight-up with my clients and would-be clients. I'm successful because I don't B.S. people or give them incorrect information. I expect everyone in business to do likewise with me.

If Baseball Express or anyone else is misleading buyers directly or indirectly; they should be told of this problem. I intend to do so. Now- don't prolong this by not doing something about it. I'll say something to them. Looks like their phone sales people need to get some knowledge. That's also between Rawlings and BBX but if you think I'm the only confused person with regard to this- think again. At one time or another, Mr. Clevenhagen obviously had to have set the record straight with the Forum. Sadly- this has NOT filtered-down to the rest of the glove buying community. It's not right.

So- again- sorry to ruffle anyone's feathers. Just shows I'm as passionate as the rest of you- just had been fed incorrect information. And yes- I'll get my next glove via Eastbay even though it's somewhat restrictive.

I'm glad I joined the Forum. I wish I hadn't had this baptism of fire, but I assure everyone that as lately as this morning, I was told what I've told to you.

Now- let's get on to more enjoyable discussions. I place a great deal of the blame at the very feet of Rawlings. They could make this entire Custom glove situation very easy to comprehend, but they haven't.

Forgive my ignorance and thanks for saving me about 400 Canadian bucks!

Regards,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby glovemedic » December 3rd, 2008, 6:42 pm

Hrking4675 wrote:Unfortunately, Bob will probably have to sort this out and waste his time with it now. Hopefully he will just see what I wrote and just say yes, it is correct and save himself the time.

If he is anything like me (just older though) I am sure he rolls out of bed each morning and looks forward to solving yet another trivial crisis to give additional meaning to his career.
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information