Nokona Kimera

This is an archive section - it is read only

Nokona Kimera

Postby space50 » December 2nd, 2008, 9:26 pm

I received my new Nokona Kimera today and I'm very impressed! The first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the bag is how great it smelled, just like a new car. I slipped it on and it felt great! It looks very much like the pictures on the Ballglove Warehouse site. The pocket leather is very smooth and well formed. It is also quite stiff ( much more so than my old Nokona AMG 175) so it should hold it's form well. The break is right and the craftsmanship was first rate. It should break in very well. It's also very light because of the Kangaroo leather on the back...so much nicer than mesh. In my opinion the new Kimera compares very favorably with a modern HOH. With the added plus of being lighter, better looking and made in the U.S.A.
I'm very glad to see Nokona go in this direction. As I've mentioned in this forum before, I love the idea of having at least one American made ballglove company still around and Nokona has always been a favorite of mine. The only problem was that I found their gloves lacking in one way or another....not any more.
space50
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Perfect Game » December 2nd, 2008, 9:47 pm

Thanks very much for the Kimera review, you can also add another American made ball glove maker to your list, Akadema's new Patriot Series.

http://www.akademapro.com/patriotSeriesGloves.html
Gold Glove Poster
Perfect Game
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 2nd, 2008, 10:35 pm

pics?
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » December 11th, 2008, 7:21 am

Got mine too, this morning..

The glove is amazing, in my opinion this glove is better than I've expected.
I use japanese specification gloves (I use mizuno,zett, kubota slugger etc.) but I think this glove is good in another way.

It absolutely feels different from the japanese gloves, but it has a perfect breaking point.
Once again, as space50 said it is nicer than mesh, which I totally agree, it is extremely light!!!.

But one thing I would hope they will improve is, they could thicken the thumb and pinky hoop because it is quite thin small on the glove I got.
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » December 12th, 2008, 12:56 am

Do the gloves run true to size. I heard they actually played a bit smaller.

Thanks
Paul
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby bs » December 12th, 2008, 1:09 am

oaklandas wrote:But one thing I would hope they will improve is, they could thicken the thumb and pinky hoop because it is quite thin small on the glove I got.

I hope they used different leather for the palm.
bs
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » December 12th, 2008, 7:40 am

No. They do not run to their true size.
I ordered a 12" but it looks the smaller than my mizuno 11".

I measured it afterwards and it is 11.25".
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » December 12th, 2008, 7:47 am

[quote="oaklandas"]No. They do not run to their true size.

Agreed. Except for their 600 series softball gloves, they all seem to run small. The thumb loops are a joke...limited support
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » December 12th, 2008, 9:06 am

oaklandas wrote:No. They do not run to their true size.

With the exception of the AMG 175 series (defer to MVALZ on the AMG 600 series) I agree.
My AMG 175 plays more like 12 1/4 - 12 1/2
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby space50 » December 12th, 2008, 10:55 pm

I got the 12 3/4 Trap Eze style and it's pretty close in size to the equivalent in a Rawlings.
space50
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information