Wilson A2000 XL

This is an archive section - it is read only

Wilson A2000 XL

Postby MVALZ » November 30th, 2008, 10:37 am

I was just admiring how little the Wilson A2000 XLs have changed over the years. Love the size and pattern...but hate relacing the Dual Hinge Web. I always thought the palm leather was a little thin on the old USA models, but the big web made up for it. The leather on the modern versions are a bit sturdier and have the finger sleeve, which I like.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby bbmills1982 » November 30th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Finger sleeves drive me crazy. I can't get used to them at all, and I don't even really understand their function. Personally, I like the xlc pro-back the best. It is cool though how little the design has changed over the years. I'm watching this one that just went up on ebay today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3DWatching
bbmills1982
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby m18 » December 1st, 2008, 12:36 pm

bbmills1982 wrote:Finger sleeves drive me crazy. I can't get used to them at all, and I don't even really understand their function.

They're for pitchers. Some of them unintentionally (and unknowingly) reveal the pitch they are delivering by the actions of their index finger. So they get hooded.
m18
Rookie Glove Poster

finger sleeves...

Postby fredderf » December 22nd, 2008, 7:17 pm

I started putting these on some of my gloves, but outfield gloves only. THis way if you dive forward, arm extended, you won't break your index finger and snap it backwards.

For infielders though...I don't get it.
fredderf
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information