I just bought that Pro AR13 on Ebay

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 1st, 2008, 10:29 pm

I absolutely love the use of the word troika. :lol: nice gloves
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby samgonzo » December 1st, 2008, 11:22 pm

I really like the feel of the TPX Flare mesh, the leather is supposed to be an oil treated horween leather and it feels very strong and durable. The AR13 does not appear to be very durable but I will see how long it will last. I really love the dual hinge single post but wished they would use the black dry leather. That might make it more durable. The other Rawlings mesh back glove is model # PRONP2JBM 11.25 inches and is made with the dry black leather. It was really stiff when I first got it and seems like it will be very durable. Only time will tell.
Hey Gopher, I majored in history with an emphasis in 20th century Soviet/Russian history, hence the term. Will, hopefully, be teaching high school social studies soon.
samgonzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 2nd, 2008, 1:03 pm

yea, my grandfather came from Russia. I know a few russian words, and that is one of them. Moscow is number one on the list of cities that i want to visit.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Rawolings A-Rod glove

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 4:50 am

Hey guys; For 299.99, you can log onto Baseball Express and get a U.S. made (St. Louis Custom shop) HOH with the dry Horween leather, stamped U.S.A. and stamped- St. Louis Custom Shop. No nylon mesh resembling Clemens last glove. You can have your choice of lace color, number, and the glove will arrive rock hard and ready for you to break it in. These are NOT cookie cutter gloves. They are made to your specs. i have a few and believe me- they're night and day different from the Asian Rawlings that are churned-out in the Philippines.

Best of all- you're helping to keep a fellow American employed and you're getting a REAL pro glove- the way YOU want it made.

What could be better than to see U.S.A. on your custom-ordered glove. Try one- you'll never want anything less!

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » December 3rd, 2008, 7:15 am

Glovenut 1,

As soon as they get all the choices that they have on the Philippines options I will only be ordering the USA models. I don't know why they don't already have them, most likely every glove buff like most of us on the forum will never order again from overseas. Maybe they already know that and that is why and they do not offer all the options here in St. Louis.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » December 3rd, 2008, 7:17 am

Glovenut,
I thought that Eastbay was the only one who had the USA made customs. BE is Philippines I think. Please correct me if I am wrong, b/c they have a lot more choices of styles at BE.
Clint
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » December 3rd, 2008, 7:20 am

awarsoca

I believe you are correct the only USA place to get the USA St. Louis is from Eastbay unless there has been a change that I am unaware of.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

U.S. Rawlings Gloves

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 8:48 am

Hi- I have a glove that I got through Eastbay. It's a U.S. Rawlings Custom Shop Glove. I'm also in the process of ordering another U.S. glove through Baseball Express. They too have the order form for a St. Louis made HOH or Pro Preferred. In fact- Baseball Express has it set-up with Rawlings in such a manner that you're able to get far more choices; ie: webs, color, options etc.

The price is exactly the same-299.99. They will also show you what the finished product will look like. It's very strange that most folks don't know about the Custom Shop in St. Louis. But let me tell you- these gloves make the Philippine HOH gloves seem like dishrags. You don't have to get the dry Horween solid brick gloves that I like. They have the oil-infused leathers as well. But- for the old purists- the dry Horween is glove heaven.

Also of note is that Akadema is now making 4 models of U.S.A. gloves- albeit from imported leathers. No matter- a few lucky folks have jobs because of their initiative and that's great news in itself. Their gloves are 249.00 U.S. but you do not have the oportunity to design your very own glove. Perhaps that will follow.

As I have said many times- I believe the glove-making business has to keep moving around in the Orient because as economies get stronger over there, U.S. companies are looking to countries like Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. to make their gloves. The industry may one day return to the States but glove-lovers will simply have to be prepared to pay for the privledge of seeing U.S.A. stamped on their homemade gloves. I'll sure be standing in line to buy them. As far as I'm concerned - greed has fueled these entire merry-go-round ventures. Hopefully- we'll soon see the likes of Wilson, Rawlings, Spalding etc. back in business where they all belong- THE STATES!

Regards to all,

Glovenut 1
Last edited by Glovenut 1 on December 3rd, 2008, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Baseball Express & Rawlings Custom Shop

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 9:09 am

Hi again;

Just got off the phone with the folks at Baseball Express. FOR SURE- the HOH and PRO PREFERRED gloves are made custom to order and ARE from the St. Louis Custom Shop. My order for a 12 inch single post goes in today. Been contemplating different binding and lacing colors but have my choices finalized.

As much as Eastbay are great to work with, Baseball Express have this set-up with Rawlings to offer many more alternatives/combinations. You REALLY are ordering a custom glove. With a bit of pure Lanolin paste every so often, these gloves will likely last your lifetime and beyond. If you want the very best, I suggest ordering the DRY Horween. Trust a guy with over 250 Pro gloves- these are incredible!

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 9:42 am

glovenut, do you mind providing a link? Under custom gloves on BE this is all that comes up; gloves made overseas.

http://www.baseballexp.com/catalog/thum ... Y_SEQ_34|0
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby baseballer935 » December 3rd, 2008, 9:58 am

Hey glovenut by dry horween you mean either the black dry or dark tan I assume?

-Kyle
"If you follow the crowd, you might just get lost in it."
baseballer935
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 12:23 pm

Glovenut,
You are wrong about BBX being from the USA. Their custom glove maker is the EXACT same thing every other big box Rawlings carrier can order from. The orders are PROCESSED through St. Louis and eventually shipped from St. Louis, but MADE in the Philippines. Think about this logically- How many of us have ordered gloves from Bob thru Eastbay and gotten them in way less than 6 weeks? A TON. Now, how feasible is it that Bob is overseeing custom gloves for HUNDREDS OF ONLINE STORES. It's not. Also, he would have told us if this were the case. If you call BBX they will say its the St. Louis "Pro Shop" because thats where they have to send everything in to get processed. This is 99.9% the case. There is no way Bob alone can run USA operations for Eastbay, Pro Players like Griffey, Torii Hunter ect AND take care of the thousands of orders from BBX, BaseballSavings, Ballgloves.com ect. Bob does not have all of these wacky colors of leather either. This is a completely false statement you have made.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 12:34 pm

agreed Hrking. Correct me if I am wrong, but the made in US HOH's are still only made in black and tan, no other colors.
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 12:41 pm

Well black. tan, and camel for the time being.

As we all know Bob has swatches of other leather that we don't know about, but yeah for our sanity its tan, black or camel.

Also, see my post on Pro Shop clarifications.

ps- Did Bob retire on that cruise? haha.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

U.S.A. made Rawlings Custom Shop Gloves

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:08 pm

Hi- Getting a bit tired of fools who think they have all the answers. I'm trying to provide information to you. I have TWO U.S. stamped gloves. These also are from the St. Louis Custom Shop. Bob Clevenhagen has been involved personally with an 11.75 inch LHT I web that was recently done for me. My name is Mark Lang in case you want to check.

Both gloves are stamped USA and both have the stamped St. Louis Custom SHOP indented stamping as well. When you look at these gloves- anyone would immediately realize that these are COMPLETELY different than the Asian bill of fare cookie cutter gloves.

Why is it that people would doubt a person who likely has one of THE best post 1960s LHT Pro glove collections! Why would I not tell the truth. Don't believe me- speak to Joe Phillips. He'll vouch for me.

As far as logging onto the Baseball Express site for these CUSTOM gloves. log onto Rawlings Custom Glove. There you will see that for 299.99, you can get a USA made glove (HOH) and I think it's 379.99 for a Pro Preferred.

As far as helping the rest of the members with tidbits like this- I'll keep my knowledge to myself. I can't be bothered with "doubting Thomases" who haven't bought ANY of these gloves but speak solely to hear their heads roar. Anybody with an open mind can contact me personally at my home email: insurance_guy1@hotmail.com. Trades / sales of LHT gloves only.

Regards to the folks willing to accept the truth. What benefit is there for me to not tell you the truth. Everyone seems to want a U.S. made glove. I'm giving you the advice on how to get them- as I have. Order one! If it's not as I say- I'll pay for it. On the flipside- if you're wrong, you pay me! Any takers? That should take care of naysayers!

Cheers,

Glovenut 1
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information