I just bought that Pro AR13 on Ebay

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:17 pm

You can say what you want but you are wrong. I am on the BBX site now. THE MODELS THEY OFFER BOB DOES NOT HAVE DIE'S FOR. The only place you can get a USA made HOH is through Eastbay. By the way, I have 2 gloves made by Doc. A PRO1000-H and a PRO-TB. These were ordered through Eastbay, stamped made in the usa and do not have the tacky "St. Louis Custom Shop" logos. You can doubt me all you want but I guarantee I have a better Pro Issue collection and have a great track record on this forum and on ebay. So please, go ahead and post pics to prove us wrong then. For the time being the rest of us who know a thing or two about gloves will keep buying accordingly.

It's also funny how you posted this in the PROAR13 thread rather than making your own in the ''for sale" section. I don't see how you expect anyone to believe you with 7 posts and no pictures of your "250 gloves." Seems like you are just plugging BBX.
Last edited by Hrking4675 on December 3rd, 2008, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:20 pm

Ok Glovenut, since you think you know so much here-

Order me a Blue HOH from Baseball Express with blue laces in a PRONP4 pattern with a #6 H-web. I want it to be stamped Made in the USA and I want Bob to tell me that he oversaw the glove being made.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

hrkings remarks

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:22 pm

I NEVER said he made the gloves in all the colors of the rainbow. I said that you can get lacing and bindings, and embroidery in a myriad of colors.

Ask our member hrking how many of these St. Louis Customs gloves he has or has even seen. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Talk about "running off at the mouth".

Put up some money and buy one. THE GLOVE WAS MADE IN ST.LOUIS BECAUSE IT WAS WRONG AND THEY HAD TO RE-DO IT. BOB CLEVENHAGEN WAS DIRECTLY INVOLVED AS WAS EASTBAY. If I'm wrong, then we've all been sold a bill of goods by Rawlings who on Eastbay states that these gloves ARE made at the custom shop in St. Louis.

I have the email documentation to prove it. Ask Joe Phillips about it if you want. He even spoke with Mr. Clevenhagen about this particular glove, on my behalf.

Hopefully- that ends this sniping at me.

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:28 pm

No no no no no. You said Baseball Express has USA gloves. They dont. Eastbay is the only place and then you can contact Bob personally for more customization.
Oh by the way, here's the gloves I had Bob make for me:

Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Baseball Express & Rawlings Custom Shop

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:32 pm

Glovenut 1 wrote:Hi again;

Just got off the phone with the folks at Baseball Express. FOR SURE- the HOH and PRO PREFERRED gloves are made custom to order and ARE from the St. Louis Custom Shop.

Glovenut 1

BY THE WAY I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH JACOB FROM BASEBALL EXPRESS HE SAYS THEY ARE MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND THAT THEY ARE NOT A SITE OFFERING USA MADE GLOVES.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:34 pm

We all know that Eastbay is the ONLY place you can get USA HOH's from. Hell its the only place you can get a camel (Pro Preferred Color) HOH from. Get your facts straight. I've already put up my money and KNOW what I'm talking about. You can go on and keep running your mouth with no credibility whatsoever.

So please, how did I shoot myself in the foot now?
Where are your pictures to back up the bs you are saying?
Last edited by Hrking4675 on December 3rd, 2008, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby quaz95 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:35 pm

My Friend from North of the Border, looks like your making good friends here just like you did on ebay with Me.
WELCOME.

Its alway fun to see different sides of the spectrum.

Regards
john
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glorydays » December 3rd, 2008, 2:02 pm

Hrking4675 wrote:Image

hey, all i know is that this glove is pretty Bada$$!!!!!
Man thing has custom all over it!!!!!
Last edited by glorydays on December 3rd, 2008, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:03 pm

Ok glovenut, heck of a way to introduce yourself to the forum....

Since you are so confident in Baseball Express' sale of USA made gloves, provide a link to the internet site! Maybe one where it says word for word that they are made IN the custom shop By Bob? Something that should look like this:

http://www.eastbay.com/custom/C237/prod ... GLVBRNDRW/

Does it say anywhere on the Baseball Express site or in any email you have received that (quote from the Eastbay website) "The Rawlings master craftsmen will personally oversee the construction of your glove", or "St. Louis custom shop seal stamped on the thump side of palm"??

I cant wait for you to get the glove you recently ordered and see that there will not be a St. Louis Custom stamp in it... However from the way it sounds it will have a made in Phillipenes tag instead :lol:
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glovin » December 3rd, 2008, 2:23 pm

haha Glovenut, it's funny how your soo hateful of gloves made in Asia and your going to receive one made from the Phillipines soon...also, according to your post in "The Tsubota 3", you seemed to love the mizuno gloves that are made in asia...so not all gloves made in asia are "Asian bill of fare cookie cutter gloves" right? i mean, i'm pretty sure the gloves from don morton are from asia but they're still quality gloves
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:58 pm

I would like to say thanks to all of the other people who have replied here and have decided to not just take this this guy's ridiculousness as fact and point out his flaws. I think most of us enjoy this community, but unfortunately there are always a few bad apples.

So back to that PROAR13, now thats one hell of a Philippine made glove huh!? Thats the kind of cookie cutter I want for my gloves.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby samgonzo » December 3rd, 2008, 4:06 pm

I thought that the issue of Rawlings custom made gloves made in the USA was settled here on this forum a long time ago. No need to add to the undisputed information provided here by Hrking4675 but Doc Glove, himself, noted that only Eastbay was to produce Rawlings custom gloves made in the USA. As far as Baseball Express, which Glovenut claims makes USA made gloves, Baseball Savings, Don Mortons, all have custom gloves made in the Philippines, NOT THE USA! I would think that a new forum member would take the time to read previous posts before taking such a strong position on a topic. I believe that we have quite knowledgeable members on this forum and to state something that is just undeniably wrong underestimates the intelligence of the members.
samgonzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » December 3rd, 2008, 4:33 pm

I think we all new that he was wrong from his first post on this particular issue. I would love to have ordered my son's custom from eastbay but they just didn't have the options he was looking for so I ordered through Rawlings directly like a jerk, when I could have gotten it from Don Morton's for $70 cheaper but in all fairness it did come in about a month's time. I think we all should calm down and let this guy order all his USA gloves from Baseball express and let him be nice and happy.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 3rd, 2008, 6:04 pm

yankees23 wrote:I think we all new that he was wrong from his first post on this particular issue. I would love to have ordered my son's custom from eastbay but they just didn't have the options he was looking for so I ordered through Rawlings directly like a jerk, when I could have gotten it from Don Morton's for $70 cheaper but in all fairness it did come in about a month's time. I think we all should calm down and let this guy order all his USA gloves from Baseball express and let him be nice and happy.

last time i checked mortons they didn't offer the number option where the circular logo normally is. Look at it that way, if you got his number on it. 8)
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 3rd, 2008, 6:07 pm

Hrking4675 wrote:ps- Did Bob retire on that cruise? haha.

I was wondering the same thing. I turned in my commodity chain for class, without getting to interview him.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information