Nokona kimera

This is an archive section - it is read only

Nokona kimera

Postby oaklandas » November 22nd, 2008, 12:34 am

Any body tried the new Nokona kimera??

How does it feel, what are your comments comparing it with the AM pro walnut series?

Thanks!!!
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby space50 » November 22nd, 2008, 2:02 am

I just ordered one of the 12 3/4 trapper models. I've been wanting a large fielding glove and I liked the way the web was quite wide. I couldn't find any trapper models to try on but I did find a smaller infield glove at a sporting goods store near me. I have to say, I was very impressed.

The interior glove surfaces are Horween leather and very well formed with none of the wrinkles often found with Nokona gloves. The exterior is Kangaroo leather which I have liked ever since I got my first Nokona Buckaroo model. It's very strong and light weight and has a beautiful reddish/tan color. The glove is very light and the Horween leather has a rigid quality that should make it less floppy when broken in. I can't wait to try it out.
space50
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » November 23rd, 2008, 6:33 pm

Did you receive it yet??

Does it feel a little too thin for you or is it fine?

THanks
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » November 23rd, 2008, 6:51 pm

I never buy a Nokona unless I can try it on first because of the inconsistent shape and wrinkles in palm and finger stalls like you mention. I wanted to like the new Bloodline series, but was disapointed. Webs were sewn crooked...sizes seemed way off, small, especially the Trap. Looking forward to trying on a Kimera.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby space50 » November 23rd, 2008, 9:33 pm

I haven't received it yet but I'll let you know how it feels. Like I mentioned, I tried out the smaller infield glove and it felt perfect. Not too thin and it was rigid enough. Usually I only buy gloves that I can try on but I couldn't find the 12 3/4 trap anywhere so I bought through Ballglove Warehouse. They have a no questions asked return policy so if it isn't to my liking I'll return it.
space50
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » November 26th, 2008, 8:52 am

Thanks for your reply so far...

Do you guys have any comments comparing the kimeras to the bloodlines?

THANKS
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » November 27th, 2008, 8:36 am

I finally decided to go for the Nokona kimera 12",

It actually been quite difficult for me to get this glove because I migrated to HK a few years ago, and there is no chance for me to get it....

I approached Mr. Rob Storey from Nokona, but he replied me and said he could ship me a glove but later got no more information. At last I just went to ebay and got one..

Anyway thanks very much, looking forward to the actual thing....
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information