The Tsubota 3

This is an archive section - it is read only

The Tsubota 3

Postby MVALZ » November 10th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Anyone like classic Mizuno World Wins? 3 Tsubota III from '83. Yoshii liked the post web too.
Last edited by MVALZ on November 12th, 2008, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » November 10th, 2008, 10:13 pm

Those are sweet! Why are they so hard to find? Are the all Made in Japan?
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » November 10th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Yes, all Japan. Who has a minty they can show us...I remember seeing a few pop up?
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Mizuno Tsubota III glove

Postby Glovenut 1 » December 2nd, 2008, 7:24 am

Hi Mark;

You're right-on about these gloves. About as fine a glove as you can find. A claasic that is at home beside the likes of the Mantle XPG6. In fact- I have both and it's the Tsubota that I prefer.

The earlier high-end Mizunos are darn near impossible to improve upon. The U.S.A. made mizunos like the BUWs were made using fabulous Salz leather. Sadly, the Salz company went out of business in 2001 so if you want an amazing BUW, get one as soon as you can. Being a LHT, it's very tough to land these but if anyone has a LHT World Win, Tsubota or Pro Limited- feel free to contact me.

Regards to all,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Tsubota III glove

Postby Glovenut 1 » January 4th, 2009, 6:35 am

Hi-

One of my "fave" gloves. Classic design, fabulous workmanship and a better glove is very hard to come-by.

I've got THREE of these (alas, Left Hand Throw). I'd trade almost any fine U.S. glove that I have to get another. MVALZ is right on, these are amazing. I agree that they are a bit difficult to get but that only adds to the allure and mystique.

If you're fortunate enough to own one, you know exactly what I mean. These gloves are in a "league" of their own.

For my money- I'd honestly say the Japanese pro Mizunos and some of the U.S. made World Wins from slightly later are as good as you can possibly find. These guys really paid attention to every detail.

If anyone has any LEFT HAND THROWS in these (11.5 inches to 12.50); I'm interested. Send pics!

Regards to all,

Glovenut 1
Your next glove will be the best one you own!
Glovenut 1
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information