Vintage Baseball Glove Forum

A site for glove collectors to discuss their hobby, interact with one another and sell/trade items.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm 
Rookie Glove Poster

Hi, my primo 1150T arrived today and i have to say it is beautiful, and i dont notice any significant weight. My nokonas are all heavier. I was wondering though, what have people successfully treated and conditioned their primos with. What have people thought about the break in time to. Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:52 pm 
Veteran Glove Poster

http://theprimoblog.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... utter.html

This is made specifically for Primos, but I've never tried it because I didn't really like the Primos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 pm 
Veteran Glove Poster

I don't have a Primo, but I did buy some Primo glove butter. It is a pasty wax, and I only used it on the inside of a glove. Since it isn't a new glove though, I can't really tell you how it would break in a glove. I plan to use it on my backup glove (after I finally finish relacing its Trapeze Web, which is killing me).

I will say this, the glove butter is very expensive (about $20 is what I paid) but it is a very large container compared to the Wilson sized conditioner container.

I'm a big proponent of Franklin glove foam conditioner, which doesn't seem to weigh gloves down, if you want a less expensive option.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]