pro-H currently on e-bay

This is an archive section - it is read only

pro-H currently on e-bay

Postby bbmills1982 » October 28th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Item number: 220302801457
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Rawlings-Baseb ... 286.c0.m14

Can anyone shed some light on this glove for me. Is it vintage or not? I couldn't see a date code on it and the "made in usa" looks like the custom gloves I've seen on here, except I didn't think tan leather was available yet. Basically, it's a lot of cash and I don't want to consider getting it if it's something I'll just be able to order sometime soon for less money. If that's not the case, though, and this really is a rare glove, it might be worth it because I've been looking for a solid outfield glove for a while now. I'd appreciate any insight from the glove experts here.
Last edited by bbmills1982 on October 29th, 2008, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbmills1982
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » October 28th, 2008, 6:07 pm

That one is curious. Circle patch...yet no grommets....hmmmm. The early 80s HOHs had similar stamping in the palm
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby mudman » October 28th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Really neat glove, but it does also look a bit strange to me also. It may have come from the custom shop. But it is of late manufacture for sure, take a look at the label, one of the thick later ones.

To me that is a lot to pay for that glove. Especially since it's a lefty. Nothing wrong with lefties except they normally go for a lot less than the same glove in a right hand model. In fact I was once told that most of the really mint gloves that you find will be left hand models.
mudman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby bbmills1982 » October 28th, 2008, 6:54 pm

I asked the guy who's selling if it was vintage or custom and what the wrist patch had on it. This is what he said:

"I am not sure. I think it was made back when he played. It does not have a date on it nor does it say made in USA (on the wrist patch). All it says is EST 1887 on the patch. If it was custom it would have a tag on the inside and have stars on the thumb."

I added the parentheses. Still not sure what to make of it.
bbmills1982
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby quaz95 » October 28th, 2008, 7:06 pm

i believe its a custom brand new, nothing vintage, Doc can do all that for people if they want custom stuff, i bet. NEW i would say

john
"To live is Christ to die is Gain."
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 28th, 2008, 10:48 pm

yeah, i'm placing my $2 bet that it is a recent custom. the nickel patch is cool but the wrist patch is definitely contemporary. LHT is about 75% more than the going rate

very cool old school color and single post "H-web" stamping :?:

i'm not sure if it is "impossible to find" :roll:

doc, can you shed some light on this glove?
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Pro H

Postby docglov » October 29th, 2008, 8:20 am

Its strange to me also, Its not a custom because I didn't do it and it has made in USA. The rawlings stamp doesn't have the R in the tail and the USA is in the palm says from the 90's also the eyelets are earlier stuff. I do remember making some for Reggie to sign some years ago and someone in the middle of these deals can always store some away. The Orange Ca. seller throws up a flag to me but we can't go there as I don't have a lawyer or second job lined up. All that said I think it is what it says. ( he is a lefty as you know)

doc
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glorydays » October 29th, 2008, 10:11 am

all that aside, it's a beautiful glove...
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information