Wilson ACH2170 Jim "Catfish" Hunter

Postby wjr953 » October 28th, 2008, 1:32 pm

wjr953

Postby No-Lite-Toe » October 28th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Excellent! It's well conditioned.
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 28th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Thanks. I just gave it a good cleaning with Lexol PH, conditioned it with some VPJ and finished it with Lexol NF. The glove leather was in really nice shape when I got it, but the laces were all dry-rotted. Probably sat in someone else's closet for a few years until they decided to sell it. I bought this on eBay about 6 months ago. Just came across it again going through my stuff, so I decided to re-lace it and reBay it. Someone is going to end up with a very nice glove. I had thoughts of keeping it for myself, but my own personal collection is up to eight now, so I really don't need any more. It should go to a person that can put it to good use.

VBR, br
wjr953

Postby BretMan » October 29th, 2008, 12:05 am

Nice looking glove!

Last month a guy send me a Wilson glove (an Optima softball glove), about this same age and with the exact same H-web, for a relace job. The shell looked like the glove had never been used. The laces, as began taking them out, were just literally disintergrating. Every time I pulled one it would break- just pop right apart in a powdery puff of leather fibers.

I've seen some crappy factory laces, but those were the worst!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 29th, 2008, 8:46 am

Bret,
Yeah, exact same deal with this one. I couldn't believe that the glove itself could be in as good a shape as it was, while the laces were some of the worst that I've ever seen. With the new Triple C laces, this glove is going to be a nice gamer for someone.

VBR, br
wjr953

Postby fuzzydogg22 » October 29th, 2008, 8:49 am

what color are these from triple c? also what thickness?
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 29th, 2008, 10:30 am

fuzzydog,

Here is the information on the laces:

3/16" x 72" #25 Indian Tan (Alum Tanned)

Here is the info for Triple C, if you're interested in buying:

Call, Fax, E-mail, or fill out our Form online
for complete sample cards and price list.
Toll Free: 1.800.624.7642
Phone: 270.526.3835
Fax: 270.526.5491
email: info@triplecleather.com

I've been dealing with Tonya @ Triple C. The products are outstanding in quality and consistency and the pricing is very good, lower in fact than Tanner's, but for my money, every bit as good as Tanner's. Very nice people to work with too. Hope that this helps.

VBR, br
wjr953

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information