Just purchased my very first HOH USA glove.

This is an archive section - it is read only

Just purchased my very first HOH USA glove.

Postby shoeful_jo » October 27th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Good evening everyone!

Just had to share a quick note on a new glove. For years I'd settle on a second or third tier glove while spending tons on cleats and bats. Finally, at the age of 37, after years of Little League, H.S. ball, and adult softball, I finally made the effort to pick up a quality glove.

Rawlings Pro SBT. HOH. USA. Like new condition.

Now, I'm sure the majority of you have experienced this so many times in your lives. But do you remember the first time?!

The feel, the smell, the detail of this glove sincerely took my breath away. What an amazing glove. It spent the whole weekend on my hand. I couldn't wait to get home from work to play mess with it, again. It's always within arms reach when I'm home.

I can't believe after all the years of playing both baseball and softball, all the years of collecting vintage baseball cards, and a couple of years spent collecting pre-war gloves, that only now did I come up with the idea to buy MYSELF a quality glove.

I've seen and held other people's gloves; Nokonas, Mizunos, and even Wilsons. Quality top-of-the-line type gloves. I was always impressed. But nothing compares to a Heart of the Hide - U.S.A. Just my opinion.

It may sound weird, but I have a heightened appreciation for the game because of my new glove. A child-like excitement. Can't wait to go to battle with her. :)
shoeful_jo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 27th, 2008, 9:49 pm

I'm so happy for you. I know nothing in the world compares to my glove. Enjoy your new baby!
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mkinn7 » October 27th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Let's see a picture!
mkinn7
Rookie Glove Poster

Pro SB-T

Postby shoeful_jo » October 27th, 2008, 11:53 pm

[img][img]http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/jloriga/DSCF1650.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/jloriga/DSCF1647.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
shoeful_jo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » October 28th, 2008, 8:52 am

Great glove.

I used one for 10 years. Then I stupidly sold it. I have been looking for another one since.

Your going to love it. There is nothing like that old tan 55 leather. (I learned the "55" from Doc).
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mkinn7 » October 28th, 2008, 8:56 am

Very nice pick-up! What is the date code on the thumb?
mkinn7
Rookie Glove Poster

Date Code

Postby shoeful_jo » October 28th, 2008, 8:31 pm

"EEA01"

Yeah, I can't express enough how wonderful the leather feels. Really really top quality. I love the fact that it's so timeless in it's design. I met a 70+ year old guy who used to play AAA ball and to this day still plays Senior Softball - and the greatest thing about owning this glove now is the fact that I'll be able to use it well into my 60's and 70's.

Just have to really take care it; no rain games and thorough cleaning after every game.

It's too bad they no longer makes these very same gloves here in the states. I know they have some really nice gloves out there, but I doubt they have anything that will hold up for as many years as these U.S.A / HOH's will.
shoeful_jo
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Date Code

Postby Paulypal » October 28th, 2008, 10:17 pm

shoeful_jo wrote:"EEA01"

Yeah, I can't express enough how wonderful the leather feels. Really really top quality. I love the fact that it's so timeless in it's design. I met a 70+ year old guy who used to play AAA ball and to this day still plays Senior Softball - and the greatest thing about owning this glove now is the fact that I'll be able to use it well into my 60's and 70's.

Just have to really take care it; no rain games and thorough cleaning after every game.

It's too bad they no longer makes these very same gloves here in the states. I know they have some really nice gloves out there, but I doubt they have anything that will hold up for as many years as these U.S.A / HOH's will.

Shoeful........cmon dude.......if thats your true gamer it just became your best friend in the field.....your best friend goes with you in the rain....the sun,,,hell if it snows and your playing so does your glove.

One more thing....unless your games are in the mud no need to clean it every day.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the honeymoon phase
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Honeymoon Phase.

Postby shoeful_jo » October 28th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Hahahaha! As I was reading your post (Paulypal) I actually had the glove on, and just started busting up laughing. You're right, I'm in that Honeymoon phase.

I just recently joined this forum and have spent the better half of the week reading on some of the old postings. Whenever I see everyone's photos especially those who have five or six of these HOH-U.S.A gloves, I can imagine how giddy I'd be being around so many!

I've just got this one glove, yet, I go to wash my hands before I slip it on!

FREAK, I know, I know.
shoeful_jo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » November 11th, 2008, 2:01 am

Just now caught your post...Beautifull glove! I understand just how you feel about your glove. I've had many nice gloves when I was younger, but the feelings your having now didn't happen to me till 1991 when I was 35 years old and I bought a new HOH Pro1000H. Now at 52 years old I still watch tv while wearing it and also position it in various locations in the living room so I can look at it from different angle's....its even more fun to play with! Yes I have it bad too and after reading your words I'm thinking you will always feel the same about your Pro SB-T.
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Finally used my SB-T in an actual game!

Postby shoeful_jo » November 13th, 2008, 2:32 am

Big BIG difference maker.

Maybe it's all in the mind. Maybe not.

Sure, the glove felt great on my hand walking around the house. It even felt good when I took it outside and tossed the ball as high as I could, catching fly balls on my own.

But GAMES are different. So tonight, after weeks of breaking it in just the way I like my gloves to function on my hand, I decided to see what it would really be like when it really counted.

Amazing.

Awesome awesome glove. Like I said, maybe it's all in my head. All I know is it literally felt like a part of me. Unlike my previous glove, which by the way, never really let me down before.

But this HOH took my confidence to a whole new level. If you don't own one BUY ONE FAST! It doesn't have to be a PRO SB-T like mine, but as long as it's a HOH Made in the USA, you really have to experience these top of the line, second to none gloves.

I can't believe I waited this long.
shoeful_jo
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Finally used my SB-T in an actual game!

Postby glovin » November 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

shoeful_jo wrote:Big BIG difference maker.

Maybe it's all in the mind. Maybe not.

Sure, the glove felt great on my hand walking around the house. It even felt good when I took it outside and tossed the ball as high as I could, catching fly balls on my own.

But GAMES are different. So tonight, after weeks of breaking it in just the way I like my gloves to function on my hand, I decided to see what it would really be like when it really counted.

Amazing.

Awesome awesome glove. Like I said, maybe it's all in my head. All I know is it literally felt like a part of me. Unlike my previous glove, which by the way, never really let me down before.

But this HOH took my confidence to a whole new level. If you don't own one BUY ONE FAST! It doesn't have to be a PRO SB-T like mine, but as long as it's a HOH Made in the USA, you really have to experience these top of the line, second to none gloves.

I can't believe I waited this long.

...lol, it has to be an HOH?...it can't be an a2000 or pro classic?
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » November 13th, 2008, 8:32 pm

glovin wrote:...lol, it has to be an HOH?...it can't be an a2000 or pro classic?

apples v. oranges IMHO
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » November 13th, 2008, 8:43 pm

spedrunr wrote:
glovin wrote:...lol, it has to be an HOH?...it can't be an a2000 or pro classic?

apples v. oranges IMHO

more like cadillac v. hugo
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » November 13th, 2008, 8:46 pm

1973 BMW 2002 turbo v. ford pinto 8)

spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information