What do some Heart of the Hide models start PRO and some HOH

This is an archive section - it is read only

What do some Heart of the Hide models start PRO and some HOH

Postby ENRI26 » October 24th, 2008, 3:31 pm

I bought a Rawlings Heart of the Hide Trap-Eze glove and I expected to see a model# that started with a PRO. But to my suprise the model number started with an HOH (Actually its HOH-80TF). What does that mean? and can someone tell me who, what, when, where...info on the glove

Thanks in advanced for the help...
MSgt J. Enriquez
ENRI26
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby docglov » October 24th, 2008, 3:47 pm

under the comand of one man in the 80's he decided to give the names and numbers to our glove line some meaning (wasn't a bad idea) the HOH on everything then the numbers got biggeras the sizes did the 80 I believe was a trapezze out field. But when we went to spring training no one would take the new numbers all they would say was thats no the glove I use............. so there went the new code
Doc
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby ENRI26 » October 24th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Thanks Doc!!!

Does anyone know what these glove go for???

I dont have an idea...i bought it from a guy who also knew nothing about it. Its in great condition and also the glove measures 13". Great outfield glove.
MSgt J. Enriquez
ENRI26
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby yhoj_2 » October 24th, 2008, 10:29 pm

That depends on who the buyer is. :)

I paid you what I did because I wanted a 13" Trapeze made of solid enough leather to last me till I was seventy, assuming I stay healthy and strong enough to play till then.

In reality it's not as in demand in the hobby as say a 12TC or a SBT, both in really really nice condition can go for $200 on up. Had a chance to pick up a 13-inch SBT from a local softball player / HOH collector for $225. Glove was beautiful. But.....after spending so many years playing with a Trapeze I just couldn't see myself switching.

I have too many other gloves, for collecting purposes, that are on my WISH LIST to warrant spending that much money on a glove I won't use nor have any interest in collecting.

But it was an awesome glove and it is pretty rare and popular.

It seems like there are fewer Trapeze users and collectors than there are H-web guys.

Anyhow, to add to this, I just wanted to be fair to you, so I calculated what you spend and simply doubled it. This way, you at least get paid for your being at the right place at the right time to hit that BUY IT NOW when you did.

I've been collecting pre-war gloves for the past eight years and have come across some pretty rare gloves getting lucky and beating others to the punch, so I respect your efforts...and your timing.

Another guy won one in slightly nicer shape last July. He got back to me today and is willing to sell his, too. Though I offered him $150 + $10 for shipping. Now I have a gamer and a back-up. :)

In short, I paid what I paid because I wanted the glove. I might have overpaid but this way both parties are happy and I have no bad karma to take with me onto the field.

E.Gumban
yhoj_2
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ENRI26 » October 24th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Cool! Thanks for explaining. I've never seen a glove so big made by Rawlings. The glove is in awsome shape, even smells good for its age. Leather is soft and you can read all of the stamping on it. I've had newer gloves that smell terrible and after a season or two you can't even read the stamping. Also, I like the explination of Mr. Docglove!!!
MSgt J. Enriquez
ENRI26
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information