More change at Nokona?

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 23rd, 2008, 9:35 pm

BretMan wrote:Wickedwoman: I'm just curious how Nokona got your credit card number in the first place. Someone would have had to give it to them and, when asked for it, must have realized some charges might be involved. If someone is asking for my credit card number the two things I want to know are why and for how much!

From my idiot spouse, who didn't ask how much it would be, and in return, also was not told how expensive they would be. Hmm, maybe my choice in matrimony was my first mistake! :lol:

bledwett-- really, I didn't realize they used different laces in the AMG 175 model. I just figured they had changed laces in general. In that case, maybe rather than a refund, I will see if they can give me the 175 model laces, which I would happily pay for (maybe even $33) since then my glove would be whole again.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby bledwett » October 23rd, 2008, 10:24 pm

they seem to be shaded different, defiently 2 diiferent tones, I have a newer 175 buffalo and a old one and they are defientely different shades, it seems all of my models from 07 till now have that orangy tint to them, I would ask to talk to a lace person on the phone and explain the shade difference. I called them 2 weeks ago and ask could they make me a older 175 with the velco and they said no but I won one on ebay 3 days later. Where did the laces tear at on the glove? As for defending Nokona, I dont defend any company each person has different taste and likes in a glove. I like quality and uniqueness not because A-ROD uses one and you still cant get the one he uses. Why would a company pay for Endorees and not sell the gloves they use on the field makes no sence to me. I hope this helps, I will search for some laces, I never use them and I might have some floatly around
bledwett
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » October 24th, 2008, 9:01 am

I'm totally amazed at this. Early this spring I called them and was sent a complete set of laces (I only needed one) for my son's AMG200K-PRO free of charge. Late in the spring they gladly exchanged the AMG-175K FP I received for the non FP version. I only had to pay shipping to get it there. I have had absolutely no issues with their CS (and I hope not to if I need them in the future (c:)
And yes it does matter to those of us Nokona fans. We believe in this little company and the product the provide AND the service we have recived int he past. All of it matters.
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glovin » October 24th, 2008, 8:06 pm

wjr953 wrote:
glovin wrote:seriously guys...who cares if they're not spending every moment of their time worrying about gloves they already sold...

Well, at the risk of overstating the obvious here, I care and certainly WW cares or neither one of us would have taken the time to post the comments that we did. WW expressed her opinion, and I expressed mine. And now....., you have expressed yours. Isn't that what this forum is supposed be about? Ahhhh, freedom of speech, what a remarkably refreshing concept!

br

obviously, customer service matters...but to say you're never going to buy another glove from them because their customer service has been declining a little bit? isn't that taking it a little far? it's obvious that both you and WW LOVE your nokonas (WW wants another one lol)...i'm just advising you to simply e-mail them and let them know about their slip up and not complete take nokona off your list
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 24th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Glovin,
They had 3 separate chances to get it right for me and they failed miserably. I think that's enough for me. You can feel free to do whatever you want, you have that right, that's what makes America such a wonderful country. Adults make their OWN decisions based on their OWN criteria. You have yours and I have mine. I stand by my original post.

br
wjr953

Postby dapert » October 25th, 2008, 8:52 am

I can't help but chuckle a bit at this. Before the internet and e-mail did anybody even know a glove company had a customer service department? Howw many times do most of us even nedd to contact any companie's cs department? Not often. Let alone a baseball glove company.

Since the concept of free speech and opinion has been layed out there I'm going to lay mine. Afterall it's only my opinion and I'm free to express it.

Some of what I read leads me to believe that some people know there are members of this forum who do have connections or ties to some of the major glove companies, and are trying to take advantage of that. Maybe if I sound like the angriest customer in their history somebody will contact them and I'll get something free out of it.

I might even be able to understand that a bit. What I don't understand is the total hatred and refusal to ever deal with a company again over cs issues related to a baseball glove. Until this new line of gloves came out what was the most expensive glove Nokona made? I know it was less than $300 so really how bad could anything that went on have been?

I know we all love our gloves but please. Look at what's going on in the world today. Some folks need a reality check and need to get their priorities in order.
dapert
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 25th, 2008, 12:21 pm

dapert,
My priorities are very much in order and I am NOT looking for any consideration of any kind from any company or any person. I respect your opinion and I will vigorously defend your right to express it, but I completely and totally disagree with you on this matter. I have right now over 150 gloves sitting in my basement as we speak, so I'm not looking for any handouts or freebies, as you implied. I expected more from this company and I used to enthusiastically support them because of the fine products that they had produced in the past, their former high standards of customer service, and most importantly because they are the last American company mass producing gloves in the U.S.A. You obviously don't know me at all, so you know nothing of my priorities. My values may be more old-fashioned than most of the members on this board because I am older, but I do not and will not ever apologize to anyone for what I believe in. As I stated before, I stand by my original post on this matter and this will be the last time that I am going to address this subject ever again.

Respectfully, br
wjr953

Postby glovin » October 25th, 2008, 5:06 pm

dapert wrote:I can't help but chuckle a bit at this. Before the internet and e-mail did anybody even know a glove company had a customer service department? Howw many times do most of us even nedd to contact any companie's cs department? Not often. Let alone a baseball glove company.

Since the concept of free speech and opinion has been layed out there I'm going to lay mine. Afterall it's only my opinion and I'm free to express it.

Some of what I read leads me to believe that some people know there are members of this forum who do have connections or ties to some of the major glove companies, and are trying to take advantage of that. Maybe if I sound like the angriest customer in their history somebody will contact them and I'll get something free out of it.

I might even be able to understand that a bit. What I don't understand is the total hatred and refusal to ever deal with a company again over cs issues related to a baseball glove. Until this new line of gloves came out what was the most expensive glove Nokona made? I know it was less than $300 so really how bad could anything that went on have been?

I know we all love our gloves but please. Look at what's going on in the world today. Some folks need a reality check and need to get their priorities in order.

yo dapert...according to wjr...you don't get freedom of speech because you're in canada...only the good ol US of A can enjoy the freedom of speech...LOL...man i miss canada
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby dapert » October 25th, 2008, 11:56 pm

I'm just here for my job but I'm lovin' the exchange rate right now.

If he thinks Nokona has bad customer service he should come here. Customer service here is optional.
dapert
Veteran Glove Poster

Nokona

Postby GloveGypsy » October 26th, 2008, 8:23 am

My comments about Nokona:

I view the company as an important part of Americana that makes a great product for an American sport. Yes, it's true that economics and globalization mandate companies to pursue manufacturing options in overseas labor markets, but Nokona has resisted that trend and sought a more creative and courageous solution to make their profit margins.

As a country, we have become so accepting of imported products: Electronics, oil, automobiles etc. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that we are outsourcing our military and national defense to the Chinese because they have umpteen billion people and can provide our defense at a reduced labor cost........just kidding, but you get the point, not everything needs to be outsourced.

Given that Nokona will then not be able to compete on price alone, it is very important to supply exceptional customer service, to make the whole customer experience positive. Look at WW11, and how thrilled she is with her glove. She absolutely cherishes it, and for good reason. It is a powerful emotional connection that she has made with that leather hide that was handcrafted into an expression of herself....an identity as both a ballplayer and collector.

I bet WW11 watches Dodger games on TV with that Nokona AMG-175BF on her lap.

I have had nothing but positive dealings with the fine people of Nocona, Texas. They would have to screw up in a huge manner to turn me away as a customer. I even appreciate the Texas accents when I have had to contact them.....there is an earnestness and humbleness that comes right through the phone, and I find that very reassuring.

Good luck to them in the expansion of their business to manufacture in other parts of the country. If they preserve their Texas roots and values, they should prosper.
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Nokona

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 26th, 2008, 11:31 am

GloveGypsy wrote:Look at WW11, and how thrilled she is with her glove. She absolutely cherishes it, and for good reason. It is a powerful emotional connection that she has made with that leather hide that was handcrafted into an expression of herself....an identity as both a ballplayer and collector.I bet WW11 watches Dodger games on TV with that Nokona AMG-175BF on her lap.

You couldn't be more right, I love that glove more than any other possession I own (other than my cat, and she owns me)...except it is Red Sox games with it on the table next to me (and I have been known to put it on in the bottom of the ninth inning when Papelbon is pitching). :lol:

P.S. I figure most of you guys are probably dog people, but I will have to post some pics I have of the cat with the glove over in the Glove Pictures forum.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby docglov » October 27th, 2008, 7:57 am

Hey I like cat's I just can't eat a whole one by my self LOL
Doc.
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby mrh64 » October 27th, 2008, 3:45 pm

:lol:
mrh64
Veteran Glove Poster