help with glove size

This is an archive section - it is read only

help with glove size

Postby longs » October 20th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Hi. My husband has been wanting a vintage Rawling hoh u.s.a. glove for some time. I finally bought him one ebay (PRO-1000BFOT) and although he likes it, it doesn't fit him! His hand doesn't go in far enough, and his palm sticks out the bottom. This glove actually fits my hand, and I have a tiny hand! This glove was listed as a 12" model. Is it in fact a 12"? The actual measurement comes pretty close. I thought I'd ask any experts out there to suggest a larger model that that I should buy for him, since I don't want to buy him another glove that's too small. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Julianne

Click on the below link to see a picture of the PRO-1000BFOT that is too small:

http://www.tbcnet.com/~jeanwells/rawlings.html
longs
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby docglov » October 20th, 2008, 3:24 pm

The F in the model number means it has a closed back which was designed to only hold about 1/2 your hand and still hang on to your hand. This gives and outfielder added reach. If the glove has open back it will take more of your hand in youe case the glove would have beed called a Pro1000 Bc with the c telling you its and open back. These codes are from Raqwlings gloves I have no idea on any others.
Bob
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » October 20th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Julianne,
Yes the Pro-1000 is a 12" but as Doc says, the fastback keeps the whole hand out.
I sent you a personal message on this as well
Clint
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information