Pro Bolt Nocona

This is an archive section - it is read only

Pro Bolt Nocona

Postby softball66 » October 16th, 2008, 10:38 am

Not sure who asked this question but here's the answer from Nocona on the Pro Bolt.

Just thought i would ask you about this glove. Why does it say Pro at the end and what about the PRO BOLT where the Nokona patch is supposed to be?

"These were special makeup gloves for Softball Sales, first in Houston and now a part of Team Express/Baseball Express in San Antonio. They are our largest catalog dealer. The glove may also have black lacing. We still do a version of this and for the past ten years, all of them ended with K-PRO.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby quaz95 » October 16th, 2008, 11:14 am

thanks joe it was me, i saw a glove like that on ebay, nothing really special other then ofcourse being a nokona.

john
"To live is Christ to die is Gain."
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » October 16th, 2008, 11:55 am

i have a beauty, without the probolt logo. Standard Nokona logo, smaller fingerstalls, perfect for my son
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 16th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Am I reading that right? Pro Bolt gloves are made by Nokona?

br
wjr953

Postby BretMan » October 16th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Interesting bit of info. They carried these gloves for a few seasons at my local Dick's Sporting Goods and I wondered who the heck made them. Not bad gloves, as mid-priced gloves go.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 16th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Bret,
I came across one of these gloves this past summer. I cleaned it up and re-laced it and I was saying the exact same thing: a nice, well-made glove! I wonder who the heck makes these? Well, one of the Moms of the players that I coached last year in Niners, was on a coed softball team with her husband and asked me if I could fix her old beater of a glove. I looked at it and I told her it was too far gone and recommended the Power Bolt. She saw it, tried it out and I ended up giving the glove to her for nothing. She was so happy about her "new" glove! I was glad that it was going to be put to good use. Win-win situation all the way around. Thanks for the info. Well, whadda you know?? lol

br
wjr953

Postby BuffaloGlover » October 16th, 2008, 10:30 pm

The "Power Bolt" are the gloves found at Dick's. Not sure who makes those. The "Pro Bolt" gloves are made by Nokona. They look exactly the same as the Nokona branded gloves, except for the Pro Bolt labels and the word "PRO" after the model number, and they usually had black laces on the walnut and Buckaroo models instead of tan.
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Pro Bolt

Postby GloveGypsy » October 16th, 2008, 10:35 pm

I was under the impression that Pro Bolt is a line of softball gear and that Nokona made gloves with the pro bolt label on them.

It's been a while since I have seen one. A few years ago, I sold a AMG175BF with the Pro-bolt label on it to a fellow ball player. The guy loved that glove.
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 17th, 2008, 1:00 am

Okay, so Nokona doesn't make the Power Bolt. Thanks for the information. So does anybody know who does make those gloves? I still think it's a very nicely made solid glove. Thanks for the updates guys, I appreciate it.

br
wjr953

Postby MVALZ » October 17th, 2008, 5:15 pm

I relaxed my no Velcro rule for this Pro Bolt...it's a beauty
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information