I got my Primo today

This is an archive section - it is read only

I got my Primo today

Postby Paulypal » October 14th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Its not my first. I bought the trap a while back and stupidy sold it.

Well I just got another one.

Few observations:

1) It seems bigger than my 12.75 Pro Pref H Web. Which is perfect because I want to use the Pro Pref in the infield (for softball).

2) Is it heavier? Yes it is but not heavier than some Nokona's I have picked up, and definatley not enough to ignore the head and shoulders quality above other gloves. I also read on here that the oil in the leather will dissipate a bit and actually may become slightly lighter. I am not sure about that.

3) Is it worth $400. Well I didnt pay that much (I paid 320) but its worth every penny. I had an A2K on my hand which is 300 and I thought it was horrendous.

Funny thing in the softball community - Guys will spend thousands on bats. They trade them buy them - they do whatever is necessary to get the latest and greatest. When it comes to gloves they are an afterthought.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: I got my Primo today

Postby Cusser » October 14th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Paulypal wrote:Funny thing in the softball community - Guys will spend thousands on bats. They trade them buy them - they do whatever is necessary to get the latest and greatest. When it comes to gloves they are an afterthought.

I have observed the same. Never made sense to me.
Cusser
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 15th, 2008, 2:18 am

Hahaha, so true in the softball community. $1500 bucks worth of bats in their bat bag, and a $20 glove. I have some good softball bats in my bag, Original Synery, Synergy 2, and an old model synergy flex, and would off all my bats before I ever offed any of my pro issue gloves. I seriously think some of the Primo's must vary. Because a lot of guys I know have really liked them.I went into a high end sporting goods store and they had 3-4 models on the shelf and although the exterior was very nice, the feel on my hand just wasn't for me. I think also especially with gloves everyone develops their own feel/ and preferences in gloves, which can make it hard for anyone to find a glove they really like, or another glove to replicate that same feeling.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

In my bag....

Postby fredderf » October 15th, 2008, 11:28 am

is usually about $800 worth of Gloves, and about MAYBE a $60 bat:

1) 90's Rawlings Pro TB-24 Horween

2) 1990 Rawlings Pro-SC Horween 1st base glove

3) 2003 Mizuno GZP51C Ichiro glove (backup to the TB-24)

4) and sometimes a Mizuno Generation MZG001 (honeycomb design)

Sometimes through a game I'll switch off and my friend looks at me kinda weird. I always use the same bat, but I love the feel of these gloves. I could never go back to using a Cheap $50 glove in the field.
fredderf
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » October 15th, 2008, 12:43 pm

I also use a Early 90's Rawlings all Horween PRO-TB as my gamer (leather can't be beat once broken in) although I have been breaking in a Pro Preferred PROS601BG Trap-Eze as my back up. I feel it is a little bigger than the 90's trap that I have & the leather on it has a really nice feel.
I did buy a PRO-1FB Horween 1st base mitt in like new condition and hated the feel so I sold it. I use the new Pro Preferred PROSDCTJB for 1st which is really well made exclusive to baseball express or my HOH PROAP5
For the infield I use a 11 1/2 I web for baseball but for softball I have not found a glove that I like yet so I just use one of my traps. I did just trade for a PROSRV23 which is a 12 1/4 model which I may try to use for infield.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information