Rawlings /Asics Japan production gloves..

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings /Asics Japan production gloves..

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 13th, 2008, 5:09 am

I just stumbled across the Rawlings / Asics site which is for Rawlings gloves/equipment sold in Japan. My question is this. Can you order a glove from there and have it sent here to the states? They have some pretty cool models and have some variations from the ones from over here and the Phillipines. Haha, now if the website was only in English :lol: here's a link to it

http://www.asics.co.jp/baseball/products/index_C.html

Anyone who has any input/knowledge etc, I'd love to hear it,
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glorydays » October 13th, 2008, 3:00 pm

i really like the bigger HOH stamp on the gloves...
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vormyogi » October 13th, 2008, 3:12 pm

If you cut and paste the URL into a google search, the results will offer a translation into english
vormyogi
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 13th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Thanks for that tip Vormyyogi, I appreciate it
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 13th, 2008, 3:33 pm

I am trying to decide on which model to get , if it is possible to get one.It'd be interesting to see if the primo's are the heaviest of the bunch like the ones that we all have tried, or own? I'm guessing the HOH, is pretty comparable,but the deer hand says it is lighter? I really am digging the single post that's towards the bottom of this page. I am wondering what size it is, it is the deer hand model.I love a lightweight infield glove, so I may have to go the deerhand route.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26hs%3DES8
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 14th, 2008, 12:35 am

vormyogi wrote:If you cut and paste the URL into a google search, the results will offer a translation into english

boy, the translation is REALLY helpful and accurate :roll:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

to speed runner

Postby docglov » October 14th, 2008, 8:12 am

I noticed the picture of the old stacked web glove. Boy I had Patents all over that glove! but it didn't fly, the laces through the web could have been relaxed and made a real trap. But in Hindsight ( thats always clear isn't it) I Didn't use a softball Pattern I used the old CFC for the base, bad Idea oh well good to see one sold ha.
Doc
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vormyogi » October 14th, 2008, 8:29 am

spedrunr wrote:
vormyogi wrote:If you cut and paste the URL into a google search, the results will offer a translation into english

boy, the translation is REALLY helpful and accurate :roll:

Yep, Now we need the 'sort-of' English to English translator. My favorites are:

"This play is light to accelerate to the extreme."

"Big "R" flagship stand at the pinnacle of Wagyu one selected from leather to use only the part of each worker's individual"

You can kinda get the idea, though. :?
vormyogi
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 14th, 2008, 8:33 am

hey doc, although i've never caught a ball with this bad boy, i would have to agree that the web looks like it would produce a trampoline effect (not much give) because of the tightness of the laces and hinges.

that being said, i think it is truly a unique design and theory. i like the cut of the pro CFC, Pro SF and dare i say pro SBT and pro SBB(?) the deep web crotch makes each glove appear to have a really huge pocket but in comparison to a proH, they actually seem kind of "funnel-ish" (shaped like a funnel)

did you lie awake at night dreaming up these web designs? :wink:

my hats off to you and your designers.

another cool design was the FORM-U-LACE WEB on the pro2. don't know how functional it was but looked cool and unique.
spedrunr

Postby glorydays » October 14th, 2008, 3:52 pm

bump... Can anyone order one?
-Junior
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Heel lacing

Postby timbo.hobo » October 15th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Hey guys,

Have you noticed the coil lacing at the heel of these gloves? They're coiled in the opposite direction than what I normally see, and this is actually listed as a feature for these gloves. Check out the comparison picture I made:

On the left is a HOH model from Don Morton's, and on the right is the Asics/Rawlings Pro Primo. I wonder if this makes any difference to the performance or characteristics of the glove?
timbo.hobo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 16th, 2008, 10:29 am

i'm not sure about the performance aspect but i often inadvertantly put the glove on the wrong hand b/c of that feature :lol:
spedrunr

Re: Heel lacing

Postby glove-works » October 16th, 2008, 1:42 pm

This variation is simply caused by where you begin your lacing....i.e. pinky to thumb or thumb to pinky and whether you begin from the palm side or back.. It offers no performance advantage.

timbo.hobo wrote:Hey guys,

Have you noticed the coil lacing at the heel of these gloves? They're coiled in the opposite direction than what I normally see, and this is actually listed as a feature for these gloves. Check out the comparison picture I made:

On the left is a HOH model from Don Morton's, and on the right is the Asics/Rawlings Pro Primo. I wonder if this makes any difference to the performance or characteristics of the glove?
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby oaklandas » October 23rd, 2008, 8:20 am

Yes, it depends which side you begin lacing,

BUT it has some matters with the performance... as far as I concerned

if the glove is laced (towards) right (USA rawlings) the catching point will be smaller than the one which is laced (towards) left.

The catching point on the JAPANESE one will be towards the palm, in fact on the pro primo writing while the catching point on the US rawlings will be on the web or the G of gold glove writing.

Actually this 'opposite lacing technique' is what some japanese players requested for when they get the glove, since this technique will create a shallower pocket, faster transfer, better catching feel for the infielders.

Correct if disagree, just my thoughts
oaklandas
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby glove-works » October 23rd, 2008, 8:29 am

oaklandas wrote:Yes, it depends which side you begin lacing,

BUT it has some matters with the performance... as far as I concerned

if the glove is laced (towards) right (USA rawlings) the catching point will be smaller than the one which is laced (towards) left.

Correct if disagree, just my thoughts

The individual that laced the Primo glove was left handed, which explains why the glove was laced that way.
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Next

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information