Manny Ramirez Akadema Glove

This is an archive section - it is read only

Manny Ramirez Akadema Glove

Postby wbunnell » October 12th, 2008, 8:47 pm

I was just watching the NLCS game and they showed a close up of Manny in the outfield shaping his glove. Its his usual Akadema red and blue game day glove but it looks like he tried to dye the red leather blue. It looks horrible. Not trying to rank, I understand its his gamer and the colors no longer matched his team. I kept pausing and using slo mo on the dvr to take a look at it. The dye job was all blotchy with patches of red still showing.
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » October 12th, 2008, 8:51 pm

in all fairness the guy is a moron.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby red_sox_fan86 » October 12th, 2008, 10:29 pm

He should have kept the blue web, and just dyed the red.

I hope Manny gets to the World Series and faces Boston. I wouldn't care which team won, but I'd love to see him wear out the Red Sox, and force them to walk him every time he's up.
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby jwoody » October 13th, 2008, 6:14 am

IN ALL FAIRNESS MANNY RIGHT NOW IS THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL
3fingerwoody
jwoody
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Chicago Red Sox Fan » October 13th, 2008, 6:22 am

...and he'll go into Cooperstown as the best right-handed hitter ever.

But let's be clear guys, Manny is not sitting around a sink in the clubhouse with a bottle of leather dye. Manny has people (that he'll push to the ground when they don't get him tickets...)
Chicago Red Sox Fan
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 13th, 2008, 10:04 am

red_sox_fan86 wrote:I hope Manny gets to the World Series and faces Boston. I wouldn't care which team won, but I'd love to see him wear out the Red Sox, and force them to walk him every time he's up.

Interesting, I feel quite the opposite. I'm a diehard Sox fan and I hate Manny for (at least what I perceive is) quitting on the Sox by feigning injury and forcing them to trade him so he could hit a big payday. This is all in addition to the fact that my NL team is LA.

I was raised a Dodgers fan and remember where I was when Kirk Gibson hit the homer to beat the A's in '88. I converted to the Sox in the 90s but still have a soft spot for my number two team. So any other time I would want the Dodgers to win the Series, but if they face Boston, I hope the Sox (and Jason Bay in particular) CRUSH them just because of Manny. It would really tick me off to see him beat the Sox to get another ring.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » October 13th, 2008, 10:15 am

jwoody wrote:IN ALL FAIRNESS MANNY RIGHT NOW IS THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL

Right now yes...there are few guys that arent in the playoffs.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » October 13th, 2008, 10:26 am

Chicago Red Sox Fan wrote:...and he'll go into Cooperstown as the best right-handed hitter ever.

But let's be clear guys, Manny is not sitting around a sink in the clubhouse with a bottle of leather dye. Manny has people (that he'll push to the ground when they don't get him tickets...)

Ever? Maybe, depends on how a few other careers pan out. He is a great hitter no doubt.

He will also go in with the stigma of being a DOG when Manny wanted to be Manny. He was a complete disgrace the last few weeks with the Sox.

You are right about the glove...no way he did that dye job.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 13th, 2008, 5:17 pm

I am a huge Red Sox fan, but I will be the first to say, that faking injuries, and not trying like he did in his last portion of time with the Sox was just plain bush league. I will agree with the fact that he is the best right handed hitter in pro baseball right now. I don't want to hear that Arod is, because what you do in the postseason outweighs your overall numbers and separates you from other players that have comparable numbers, and plain and simple when the post season hits Arod chokes, end of story.Manny has hit safely in something like 21 postseason games or LCS games the announcers said, not to mention he's the all time leader in postseason HR's. I'm from So Cal, and am not a dodgers fan, Manny carried that team from the time he showed up. Without him they wouldn't have even gotten in. Haha, and as far as his glove looking terrible, well it's appropriate being that he may be one of the worst MLB outfielders fielding wise to ever play the game hahah.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wbunnell » October 13th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Sorry to have touched some nerves with the Manny post. I wasnt trying to stir up a anti/pro Manny debate. Just wanted to comment on the glove, and no I dont think he did the job himself.

With all the Sox fans on the board I wont even get into Mike Timlins glove. That would probably start an all out war. :D
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » October 14th, 2008, 12:23 am

RedSoxFan81 wrote:I am a huge Red Sox fan, but I will be the first to say, that faking injuries, and not trying like he did in his last portion of time with the Sox was just plain bush league. I will agree with the fact that he is the best right handed hitter in pro baseball right now. I don't want to hear that Arod is, because what you do in the postseason outweighs your overall numbers and separates you from other players that have comparable numbers, and plain and simple when the post season hits Arod chokes, end of story.Manny has hit safely in something like 21 postseason games or LCS games the announcers said, not to mention he's the all time leader in postseason HR's. I'm from So Cal, and am not a dodgers fan, Manny carried that team from the time he showed up. Without him they wouldn't have even gotten in. Haha, and as far as his glove looking terrible, well it's appropriate being that he may be one of the worst MLB outfielders fielding wise to ever play the game hahah.

Ok I wont tell you Arod who is only going to go down as a top 5 player, but because of his post seaons I wont argue but, How about that guy in St Louis...forget his name...Albert something?

Cant lose with any of the three. All great hitters.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 14th, 2008, 1:38 am

anyone catch pictures of the glove? i'm "dying" to see it :shock: :lol:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » October 14th, 2008, 1:46 am

here you go ed

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » October 14th, 2008, 1:55 am

or perhaps this is the glove you wanted to see :shock:

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 14th, 2008, 1:57 am

that's an awesome pro6BLUE USA HOH code 5 baby 8)

somehow hers looks better :wink:

spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Next

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information