Glove Pix

This is an archive section - it is read only

Glove Pix

Postby wjr953 » October 9th, 2008, 10:02 pm

I'm finally able to upload pictures of my collection, small as it is.

Nokona AMG650CW

wjr953

Postby Mike_2007 » October 9th, 2008, 10:08 pm

nice color on that glove!
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 9th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Mike,
Thanks. This is my numero uno. My first Nokona, and it took me over 40 years to get it. lol!

br
wjr953

Nice Nokona!

Postby akmike » November 6th, 2008, 5:42 pm

I agree, beautiful glove. That is a very nice color. How did you bring the tone out? Was the glove originally the "walnut" tone? Nice work!!

Thanks
akmike
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 6th, 2008, 6:36 pm

It's gorgeous...just gorgeous. Congrats on such a beautiful addition to your collection.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » November 6th, 2008, 8:36 pm

Thank you very much, every one. This glove is almost 3 years old. I clean it after every single use with warm water, a clean sponge and Lexol Orange. I rinse it twice with clear warm water and a clean sponge. Then, I dry it in front of a box fan until it's about 90-95% dry. While the glove is still a little damp, I put on an ultra thin layer of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and then let it sit for 24 hours. The next day, I buff out any residual VPJ with a horsehair shoe brush that I keep just for gloves. After that, using a cotton/sponge applicator (like the ones you might use for putting wax on your car), I put on a light coating of Lexol NF. After 30 minutes, I buff the glove again with the shoe brush and it's ready for the next time. This glove has an extraordinary walnut grain in it and I can't say enough good things about it, I just love it. It's also the first Christmas gift that I received from my wife after we married in 2005, so it has sentimental value as well. (Truth be known, I was simply too cheap to buy one for myself!) If you own a Nokona, you know exactly what I mean. If you don't, it's impossible to describe what it feels like to another person. It's borderline obsession, for sure. Some people might say that all of this is a lot of work and that they don't have the time or the desire to do this. Well, all I can see is that this glove sells for around $150 or more in most of the stores and on the internet. For that kind of money, I can afford to spend 15-20 minutes to take care of it so it will be around in great shape for many years to come, maybe my grandkids will get to have it as their own someday. Thank you again for the nice compliments.

VBR, br
wjr953

great glove...

Postby fredderf » December 22nd, 2008, 7:46 pm

love the color too
fredderf
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information