Tisk Tisk Mark DeRosa

This is an archive section - it is read only

Tisk Tisk Mark DeRosa

Postby Hrking4675 » October 3rd, 2008, 3:34 am

Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but Mark DeRosa switched gloves in the past 2/3 months. If you look on Getty, he switched from his PROAR3K to what looks like a PROAR3TL!!!!

Now my 2 questions are:
1) Why would he switch gloves mid season to one that we know is not as quality of a piece of leather? (Nice error tonight)

2) (This is my real gripe) Why are so many pro's using TL (oil tanned) leather!? Melvin Mora uses a PROAR3TL too! Do they really need gloves to break in that quickly?

You can tell its the oil tanned leather because its a considerably different/ darker tone than the classic wheat tan.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Tisk Tisk Mark DeRosa

Postby Paulypal » October 3rd, 2008, 9:41 am

Hrking4675 wrote:Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but Mark DeRosa switched gloves in the past 2/3 months. If you look on Getty, he switched from his PROAR3K to what looks like a PROAR3TL!!!!

Now my 2 questions are:
1) Why would he switch gloves mid season to one that we know is not as quality of a piece of leather? (Nice error tonight)

2) (This is my real gripe) Why are so many pro's using TL (oil tanned) leather!? Melvin Mora uses a PROAR3TL too! Do they really need gloves to break in that quickly?

You can tell its the oil tanned leather because its a considerably different/ darker tone than the classic wheat tan.

I dont think pro players fall in love with gloves anymore. They go for the quick break in because they know if it gets floppy or falls apart they hav an unlimited supply and just get another one.

Years ago I remember seeing players with the same gloves for years. You don see that much anymore. I think Tulowitzki may have an old glove.

I remember when someone stole Graig Nettles' glove during an All Star Game. I thought he was going to call SWAT. He was beside himself. I think a player today would just go get another one.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 3rd, 2008, 10:01 am

The whole Cubs infield might be in need of new gloves after last night's performance. :shock:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby wjr953 » October 3rd, 2008, 10:15 am

I was really hoping that this would be the year that we'd see the Cubs in the WS. After seeing my favorite team, the Red Sox, win two WS, the next team that should finally (once and for all) get the monkey off of their backs is the Chicago Cubs. The NLDS is not over for them yet of course, but the Cubbies (and the Brewers too!) have put themselves in a serious hole and it's going to take a really superlative effort by the whole team if they ever expect to be in it for the NLCS. I would still rather see the Cubs and the Brewers in the NLCS. The Phillies and the Dodgers have been there often enough, let's give some new teams a shot at glory.

br
wjr953

Postby docglov » October 3rd, 2008, 11:24 am

on your swtiching gloves the ones with the K are probably kip or Pro preferred which ever you chose to call it. My opinon and its just that. is that you can not break in a pro preferred so back to oil tan because of break in. life span of the glove is not important to them any more

Doc
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glorydays » October 3rd, 2008, 12:49 pm

docglov wrote:on your swtiching gloves the ones with the K are probably kip or Pro preferred which ever you chose to call it. My opinon and its just that. is that you can not break in a pro preferred so back to oil tan because of break in. life span of the glove is not important to them any more

Doc

i can't get a Kip glove to break in the way I like it either...
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » October 3rd, 2008, 3:40 pm

Well by the look of his Pro Preferred one it was well broken in and well used.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information