Rawlings Custom Pro Shop....

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings Custom Pro Shop....

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 2nd, 2008, 8:05 pm

I had some questions relating to the rawlings custom pro shop that has the online glove designing program who makes the gloves in the Phillipines. They have the feature where you can customize a pro's glove. My question is this: a few of my favorite infielders gloves are listed that you can pull up, however
the patterns listed are different from what I have seen or been told they use for their own gloves. In the Rawlings blog someone at the company, ( Not Bob) answered that Troy Tulowitzki uses a PRO AK2 pattern glove, however , in the custom glove site it lists that he uses a NP4 pattern.. Someone on here listed a pic of Chase Utley wearing his PRO TROY pattern I web glove, however, listed it has a different pattern I can't recall which one, same goes for Adam Kennedy on there, didn't show his as a PRO AK pattern. I am no expert with Rawlings patterns so what I'm really wondering is are the patterns the players using much different from the ones listed on the site? I don't know nearly enough on the patterns to know the differences. Reason I ask is I think it is a really cool feature to be able to replicate your favorite pro players glove, but I just didn't know how much the pattern listed is gonna vary from the glove they actually are wearing?
Just figured I'd get some input/knowledge on this, because I had been curious about it for a long time since I was considering placing an order for a custom glove. Thanks
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby red_sox_fan86 » October 3rd, 2008, 12:17 am

You can't get PROAKs or PROTROYs through the custom site. Not all of them are right. If you select A-Rod, you're not getting a PRORV with mesh back and hinged-single post web, you'll get a similar size, regular single post, and all-leather. If you select Johnny Damon you'll get a conventional back, when he uses a fastback. Most are at least close, but when you select a player it will show you what the glove looks like, then once you go to customize, the web will be different so you'll have to change it back.
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » October 3rd, 2008, 2:33 am

Thanks for replying. I had a feeling it was like you said. Just wanted to make sure. I'll have to decide if I still want to get one made or maybe hold out and find a pro issue glove for sale.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information