Reebok Premier and Pro lines

This is an archive section - it is read only

Reebok Premier and Pro lines

Postby vicvegas33 » October 1st, 2008, 1:47 am

Hello everyone,

I find this forum to be the best out there.
My question pretains to the high end Reebok glove. The Premier and the Pro Series. I am considering either the 12.75 or 12.50 version with a trap web. Can anyone provide information on the quality of these gloves what Reebok's repuation is like?

Thanks.
vicvegas33
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby docglov » October 1st, 2008, 7:14 am

probably about as good as any ones as about all use the same overseas manufactures ( except us Rawlings of course ha but only at the top level) It will all depend on what profit level they demand as to material short cuts or what ever. Probably didn't help you at all put got my fingers working for the day.

Doc
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » October 1st, 2008, 11:39 am

I have the 11 3/4 Inch Single Post Web model. The leather is unmatched in my opinion. Reminds me of USA HOH stuff. Pattern is not great, but the materials used are.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby WMD_172 » October 2nd, 2008, 1:34 am

your money is best spent elsewhere unless you can find a great deal well below MSRP, IMHO
WMD_172
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovemason » October 6th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Why would anyone buy a Reebok glove? They build sneakers.... go to manufacturers that actually know how to build a glove and do some of it in the USA: Rawlings, Nokona or Akadema.
glovemason
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 7th, 2008, 12:24 am

glovemason wrote:Why would anyone buy a Reebok glove? They build sneakers.... go to manufacturers that actually know how to build a glove and do some of it in the USA: Rawlings, Nokona or Akadema.

Great suggestion except for one small oversight: Rawlings and Akadema don't manufacture gloves in the United States anymore.

br
wjr953

Postby glovemason » October 7th, 2008, 10:14 am

I think you are wrong. Rawlings makes gloves in the USA (Eastbay sells them). Ask Bob Cleverhagen. Akadema is making gloves in the USA, I have their new catalog with the USA glove in it.
glovemason
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 7th, 2008, 10:19 am

To the best of my knowledge, Eastbay gloves are custom made gloves. Rawlings mass produces their gloves overseas. As far as Akadema, I will have to do some more checking on that. The last I knew, Nokona was the only glove company mass producing gloves in the USA.

br
wjr953

Postby vicvegas33 » October 8th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Thanks to everyone's input. I was looking for a midlevel 12.75 with a trap web for my 13 yr old son. I know that Reebok gloves have not really caught on. I agree that the big names offer great products, its just a matter of pref. on which people like.I was able to buy a Reebok vrpro6000 for about $60.00, including shipping. For that price , I am very happy with the purchase.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON YOUR PUCHASES!
vicvegas33
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information