A-Rod

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby red_sox_fan86 » September 25th, 2008, 4:14 pm

I'm sure Varitek would have wiped off the bubble gum-pink lip gloss.
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » September 25th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Speaking of Varitek's glove, doesn't he use a All Star model (Always looks like it is falling apart) catcher's glove? I heard a rumor that they were bought by Under Armour has anyone else heard anything?
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 26th, 2008, 9:33 am

docglove, what kind of tips do you get for breaking in his gloves? since he's making 25 million a year, I figure he's paying for your kids college payments. :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby docglov » September 26th, 2008, 9:44 am

no tip. doesn't even acknowledge me. but then in my 30+ years of working on these guys gloves only Rubin serria ( spelling?) ever did anything. everytime I made him a special label or what ever there never failed to be 100 bucks in the mail. and I never even meet him. Don't get me wrong there are great guys out there and real friends of mine but I guess the work was just part of what the world owes them for being superstars
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BuffaloGlover » September 26th, 2008, 12:15 pm

doc, that's a sweet glove. Hope someone here on the forum winds up with it.

Nice story about Ruben Sierra. Good to know he appreciated your efforts. Maybe A-rod is waiting a few years to present a lump sum thank you tip to you. :lol: I am guessing he won't know how much he has to give until after his ex-wife cleans up.
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby swingman » September 26th, 2008, 3:42 pm

docglov wrote:no tip. doesn't even acknowledge me. but then in my 30+ years of working on these guys gloves only Rubin serria ( spelling?) ever did anything. everytime I made him a special label or what ever there never failed to be 100 bucks in the mail. and I never even meet him. Don't get me wrong there are great guys out there and real friends of mine but I guess the work was just part of what the world owes them for being superstars

Kinda surprised on this. If I signed a contract with some glove company I would probably take some time out like a day out of my off season to visit the manufacture, plant, workplace, what ever you call it to show some appreciation to the team or person who makes my glove. I'm sure not all ballplayers have the same appreciation as we do in this board but I'm sure some do. I would go as far to actually wanting to see the whole process of the glove from actual cow to finished product (could be on the grotesque side) its something that has always interested me.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information