Glovesmith Custom Elite's

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby offsidewing » September 26th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Are their custom Elite gloves made in the USA? I know they farm out the other lines. Just curious about he Custom Elites...

Thanks!!
Aim for the corners and let the middle take care of itself.
offsidewing
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BuffaloGlover » September 26th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Lugnut wrote:Has anyone tried the oil tanned leather they offer? I'm thinking about ordering a glove so all of these pics are great. It's tough to look at a small swatch of leather and know how it will turn out on a glove. I wonder why the companies that offer custom gloves don't have some sort of gallery to give you an idea of how things can turn out.

I have tried their "Select Series" which use an oil tanned leather. Not sure if they use the same oil tanned leather as on the Elites or not, but it felt thinner. Ready to use right away. I prefer the curried. I was more impressed with their "24K" series. Better quality than most gloves at that price point. Wish they made them in different colors, they only come in black.

yankees23 wrote:I have to admit, I am a Rawlings guy but have to say these glovesmith's look fantastic. I especially like the way they stich alongside the welting.

I believe Glovesmith was started by ex-Rawlings USA employees, so they may appeal to you.

offsidewing wrote:Are their custom Elite gloves made in the USA? I know they farm out the other lines. Just curious about he Custom Elites...

Thanks!!

Unfortunately none of their gloves are made in the USA anymore, all made overseas.
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Lugnut » September 26th, 2008, 3:52 pm

So, for USA produced gloves we have Eastbay Rawlings (wish they had some other leather colors), Nokona and Trevino. Did I miss any?
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BuffaloGlover » September 26th, 2008, 11:19 pm

Lugnut wrote:So, for USA produced gloves we have Eastbay Rawlings (wish they had some other leather colors), Nokona and Trevino. Did I miss any?

Well Rawlings and Nokona for sure. From what I have heard, Trevino's being made in the USA is debatable.
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Trevino Made in USA

Postby GloveGypsy » September 27th, 2008, 3:04 am

This glove is hard as a rock

-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby candlestick » September 28th, 2008, 3:11 pm

About 1.5 years ago I splurged for a Custom Select (it was all I could afford) and I love it. Everything was tan or wheat and it definitely has that old school glove look. It even made their custom glove gallery as the only single colored glove up there. My only concern is the lacing and how it is responding to repeated pounding. Where the ball hits the lace it appears to be expanding along the grain of the leather. In addition there are plastic inserts in the thumb and I believe pinky. I do not care that they are there but the holes for the laces show the white plastic. It is an aesthetic issue that I can/have learned to live with. The glove does seem heavy but not like a Rawlings Primo. With care I know that glove will be around a long time. And yes, I am still breaking it in.
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby GloveGypsy » September 28th, 2008, 5:12 pm

I used that Glovesmith 13 " model in my Sunday softball game today.

It will take me a long time to get glove broken in, but it is definitely a keeper.
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information