If Rawlings Made This...

This is an archive section - it is read only

If Rawlings Made This...

Postby red_sox_fan86 » September 13th, 2008, 12:15 am

I bet this would be Rawlings' #1 seller if they mass-produced it. The Jeter model is the only thing that could beat it in sales because people want the same gloves that players use. Yet it seems every year they come out with things that no pros use like Dual Core and Italian leather. Do they think the Mickey Mantle glove would have been so popular if it wasn't what he used and didn't have his name?

I'm a business major with a focus on marketing and if I worked for Rawlings I would propose a whole campaign based on game model gloves. Doc, could you try to at least run the idea by some of the higher-ups. I don't see any argument they could have against the introduction of at least a few, while stopping the lowest-selling models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AROD ... dZViewItem
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby red_sox_fan86 » September 25th, 2008, 8:18 pm

They've put this glove back up. I don't know if it's the same one, but there's another one on eBay too. You might as well sell them to the public instead of making A-Rod 20 of them so he can sign and sell them.
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glorydays » September 26th, 2008, 12:31 am

Man, that glove is tight as hell!!! i love it..
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

running by

Postby docglov » September 26th, 2008, 8:17 am

I bring up the make and sell the real thing at least once a week. It always turns into a we know better than the public what they will buy!! Maybe because most of them don't know who a Mickey Mantle was .( Wasn't in my class) Then I drop out of the conversation....
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby swingman » September 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm

It seems like a dream that will never come true.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: running by

Postby glorydays » September 26th, 2008, 7:26 pm

docglov wrote:I bring up the make and sell the real thing at least once a week. It always turns into a we know better than the public what they will buy!! Maybe because most of them don't know who a Mickey Mantle was .( Wasn't in my class) Then I drop out of the conversation....

u would think that they would listen to the guy that makes the best gloves on earth...
glorydays
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » September 26th, 2008, 7:34 pm

I dont get it. Who wouldnt want a glove the pros are wearing? Do they really think it wouldnt sell?

If they put the ARod glove on the market it would be the biggest selling glove ever. Even if it was $300.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » September 26th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Paulypal wrote:I dont get it. Who wouldnt want a glove the pros are wearing? Do they really think it wouldnt sell?

If they put the ARod glove on the market it would be the biggest selling glove ever. Even if it was $300.

Agree with the first part...not the second.

I don't believe there would be a huge market for a 12.25" black leather glove.

A Mantle style open web XPG6 would be my vote for a slam dunk
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » September 26th, 2008, 10:32 pm

It seems odd to me that they wouldn't want to market player series gloves. Look how much marketing goes into air jordan basketball shoes.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby samgonzo » September 28th, 2008, 9:11 am

I would totally buy player model gloves. A few that I would really be interested in would be the A-rod, the PROTROY 25, the AK2, and the model that Grady Sizemore and, I believe, Endy Chavez use. It is a shame that Rawlings do not market this tyoe of gloves to the public.
One question I do have regarding the A-rods being sold via ebay is what is to stop someone from playing with the glove and then trying to pass it of as a gamer.
samgonzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information