Valle Cusotm Gloves

This is an archive section - it is read only

Valle Cusotm Gloves

Postby jdn4891 » September 5th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Hello all, I'm gettin gready to oder a custom Valle infield glove, and I've not sseen a whole lot of pics of their custom colors. They have the option to "build a glove" on their website, but from what I've seen with others is that the colors there, don't always look the same as the colors on the actual glove.

If anyone out there has any Valle gloves pics, I'd love to see them, and the more different colors the better.

Thanks.
jdn4891
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 13
Joined: August 26th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Postby Lugnut » September 5th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Have you asked John if he has a gallery of some of the custom gloves?
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: May 14th, 2008, 10:49 am
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Postby wbunnell » September 5th, 2008, 5:15 pm

This doesnt show all of the colors available but there are some limited edition gloves in different colors here.

http://www.vallebaseball.com/Valle-Pro- ... s-s/21.htm
User avatar
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 10th, 2006, 11:10 pm
Location: Connecticut

Postby jdn4891 » September 5th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Lugnut wrote:Have you asked John if he has a gallery of some of the custom gloves?


I sent John an email today complete with some of the colors I was leaning towards so he has an idea. I hear he's a nice guy, so hopefully he'll shoot me some pics.
jdn4891
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 13
Joined: August 26th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Valle gloves

Postby Dennis Segrue » September 8th, 2008, 10:05 pm

You will find Valle glove colors to be true to their description. The gloves are very nice and represent a nice value for the dollar. I own a few and speak from personal experience.
Dennis Segrue
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 7
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Postby ser182 » September 9th, 2008, 8:07 pm

i think these goves are made by trevino gloves from Texas. they are nice.
27 oz OG Extended
27 oz Freak 98
27 oz DeMarini Juggernaut
26 oz Catty asa
26 oz Mayham 7M 98
24 oz DeMarini Onyx
Nokona AMG-175 ROO CW
Nokona AMG-1200 BFC-WC
De Marini 13" glove ecco leather
ser182
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 21
Joined: August 12th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Postby jdn4891 » September 9th, 2008, 9:21 pm

ser182 wrote:i think these goves are made by trevino gloves from Texas. they are nice.


I once thought the same, in fact I believe I have mistakenly said exactly that on this forum before. But that is only partly true. Trevino made Valle's "Patriot" Line of gloves, which aren't really offered as a line anymore. Valle might have a couple leftover somewhere, but other than that Valle is Valle.
jdn4891
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 13
Joined: August 26th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Postby m18 » November 23rd, 2008, 5:59 am

Maybe you already have your glove. If not, check out this topic http://www.softballfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491869&highlight=custom+glove. Tons of images. Most people love their glove, but there's one who reviewed it a year later and brought it down.
Valle makes their gloves with Ky Lin that are offered by milocoman.
I'm not related in any way, was doing research for my future custom glove when I found the link.
m18
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby jsalinas » November 23rd, 2008, 10:58 pm

ser182 wrote:i think these goves are made by trevino gloves from Texas. they are nice.


At one point Trevino and Valle had a working relationship. Trevino was making a "private label" glove line for Valle. As of this reply to this post, they no longer have a business relationship.

We sold some Valle gloves for a time. I've never had a problem with the Valle company. John Valle is good to go as far as I'm concerned.
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster
 
Posts: 149
Joined: November 10th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Postby jsalinas » November 23rd, 2008, 11:00 pm

jdn4891 wrote:
ser182 wrote:i think these goves are made by trevino gloves from Texas. they are nice.


I once thought the same, in fact I believe I have mistakenly said exactly that on this forum before. But that is only partly true. Trevino made Valle's "Patriot" Line of gloves, which aren't really offered as a line anymore. Valle might have a couple leftover somewhere, but other than that Valle is Valle.


The glove inventory Valle has that were made Trevino is limited, if not gone, by this point.
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster
 
Posts: 149
Joined: November 10th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Postby wbunnell » November 24th, 2008, 3:21 pm

I second that, John Valle is a good guy to do business with. John has set up a table the past few years at a coaching clinic here in CT that I attend every January. He's a good guy to talk gloves with also. I'm not sure exactly when he stopped having gloves made in the U.S. but it was at least January 2007 or earlier.

jsalinas wrote:
ser182 wrote:i think these goves are made by trevino gloves from Texas. they are nice.


At one point Trevino and Valle had a working relationship. Trevino was making a "private label" glove line for Valle. As of this reply to this post, they no longer have a business relationship.

We sold some Valle gloves for a time. I've never had a problem with the Valle company. John Valle is good to go as far as I'm concerned.
User avatar
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 10th, 2006, 11:10 pm
Location: Connecticut

Postby WMD_172 » November 26th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Funny this topic came up now.

I am in rochester, ny for the holidays, and got a chance to visit John's new showroom yesterday.

Hey told me he used to have some gloves made by Trevino, but since, "hes learned a few things about Trevino" and stopped getting them made form him. (huh?)

Also, all of his gloves are Philippino -made now.

I asked about the possibility of getting a mesh-back custom glove. He said he would let me know.

Finally, the quality of the gloves were OK. He also had some Mizuno Pro's and Allstars in stock. To be honest, his leather was ok, but the leather and the cuts of his gloves were not close to the Mizuno Pros, Allstars and even the Classic Pros.

His prices were kind of steep to. Unless you want something super-unique, for quality and cost, you would be better off with a custom SSK, Rawlings, or Mizuno from customgloves.com

John is a nice guy, and it was really cool to see his gloves. If he was able to sell a custom for 200$ it would be worth it. 269$ not so much
WMD_172
Veteran Glove Poster
 
Posts: 51
Joined: May 3rd, 2008, 6:58 pm

Postby m18 » November 26th, 2008, 4:05 pm

WMD_172 wrote:John is a nice guy, and it was really cool to see his gloves. If he was able to sell a custom for 200$ it would be worth it. 269$ not so much

Why is he not able to sell the same (custom) gloves for $200 that are offered for $160 (incl. shipping) by milocoman with a different logo?
Also, if you look at John's site http://www.vallebaseball.com/Custom-Baseball-Gloves-by-Valle-Pro-Baseball-p/vp_custom.htm you'll find:
"Our Price: $269.00
Email me a better price"
m18
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby wbunnell » November 26th, 2008, 4:24 pm

The rates quoted on the other forum by milocoman are:

$160 to your door includes everything in professional grade A steerhide!!

$200 to your door will get you a Taiwanese Kip Leather Glove only available in navy blue, red, black, orange, and yellow.

$250 to your door will get you a Japanese leather Kip in black or yellow only.

If you look at Valle's website his prices are for the higher priced kip leather glove in any of those colors.

m18 wrote:
WMD_172 wrote:John is a nice guy, and it was really cool to see his gloves. If he was able to sell a custom for 200$ it would be worth it. 269$ not so much

Why is he not able to sell the same (custom) gloves for $200 that are offered for $160 (incl. shipping) by milocoman with a different logo?
Also, if you look at John's site http://www.vallebaseball.com/Custom-Baseball-Gloves-by-Valle-Pro-Baseball-p/vp_custom.htm you'll find:
"Our Price: $269.00
Email me a better price"
User avatar
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 10th, 2006, 11:10 pm
Location: Connecticut

Postby wbunnell » November 26th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Just curious which line(s) of his gloves you didnt think were worth it? I use one of his HOF series gloves and love it. Honestly would compare it with anything I've used before from Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno, etc.

WMD_172 wrote:Funny this topic came up now.

I am in rochester, ny for the holidays, and got a chance to visit John's new showroom yesterday.

Hey told me he used to have some gloves made by Trevino, but since, "hes learned a few things about Trevino" and stopped getting them made form him. (huh?)

Also, all of his gloves are Philippino -made now.

I asked about the possibility of getting a mesh-back custom glove. He said he would let me know.

Finally, the quality of the gloves were OK. He also had some Mizuno Pro's and Allstars in stock. To be honest, his leather was ok, but the leather and the cuts of his gloves were not close to the Mizuno Pros, Allstars and even the Classic Pros.

His prices were kind of steep to. Unless you want something super-unique, for quality and cost, you would be better off with a custom SSK, Rawlings, or Mizuno from customgloves.com

John is a nice guy, and it was really cool to see his gloves. If he was able to sell a custom for 200$ it would be worth it. 269$ not so much
User avatar
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 10th, 2006, 11:10 pm
Location: Connecticut

Next

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests