Valle Cusotm Gloves

This is an archive section - it is read only

Postby m18 » November 26th, 2008, 5:12 pm

wbunnell wrote:If you look at Valle's website his prices are for the higher priced kip leather glove in any of those colors.

Fair enough, I'm new to this forum and don't want to quarrel with anybody.

My understanding was, that the Valle and Ky Lin gloves are absolutely the same, made in the same factory from same materials.
Valle describes "Premium Steerhide Kip Leather" material available in 10 colors (Red, Navy, Gold, Tan, Gray, Black, Royal Blue, Brown, Orange, White) while the tool offers 12 (cream and green to the other 10).
All the colors are offered only for "professional grade A steerhide" by milcoman for $160, while the "Taiwanese Kip Leather" is available in 5 colors (navy blue, red, black, orange, and yellow).
So I was under the impression that the Valle "Premium Steerhide Kip Leather" is the same as the Ky Lin "professional grade A steerhide".

Something sure ain't right. Guess whoever is interested in picking one of these gloves up should ask John and milcoman. (And come back here and let us know about it! :wink: )
m18
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wbunnell » November 26th, 2008, 5:24 pm

I wasnt trying to quarrell with you either. Just pointing out the differences. I have a habit of sending my posts and emails and then realizing I should have written more. :D

m18 wrote:
wbunnell wrote:If you look at Valle's website his prices are for the higher priced kip leather glove in any of those colors.

Fair enough, I'm new to this forum and don't want to quarrel with anybody.

My understanding was, that the Valle and Ky Lin gloves are absolutely the same, made in the same factory from same materials.
Valle describes "Premium Steerhide Kip Leather" material available in 10 colors (Red, Navy, Gold, Tan, Gray, Black, Royal Blue, Brown, Orange, White) while the tool offers 12 (cream and green to the other 10).
All the colors are offered only for "professional grade A steerhide" by milcoman for $160, while the "Taiwanese Kip Leather" is available in 5 colors (navy blue, red, black, orange, and yellow).
So I was under the impression that the Valle "Premium Steerhide Kip Leather" is the same as the Ky Lin "professional grade A steerhide".

Something sure ain't right. Guess whoever is interested in picking one of these gloves up should ask John and milcoman. (And come back here and let us know about it! :wink: )
wbunnell
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » November 30th, 2008, 9:50 pm

WMD_172 wrote:Funny this topic came up now.

I am in rochester, ny for the holidays, and got a chance to visit John's new showroom yesterday.

Hey told me he used to have some gloves made by Trevino, but since, "hes learned a few things about Trevino" and stopped getting them made form him. (huh?)

Also, all of his gloves are Philippino -made now.

I asked about the possibility of getting a mesh-back custom glove. He said he would let me know.

Finally, the quality of the gloves were OK. He also had some Mizuno Pro's and Allstars in stock. To be honest, his leather was ok, but the leather and the cuts of his gloves were not close to the Mizuno Pros, Allstars and even the Classic Pros.

His prices were kind of steep to. Unless you want something super-unique, for quality and cost, you would be better off with a custom SSK, Rawlings, or Mizuno from customgloves.com

John is a nice guy, and it was really cool to see his gloves. If he was able to sell a custom for 200$ it would be worth it. 269$ not so much

I'd be curious to hear what "he learned" about Trevino and their field gloves.

His gloves are nice...but they did not do well in my part of Texas.
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information