Worth Ranger

This is an archive section - it is read only

Worth Ranger

Postby vicvegas33 » October 8th, 2008, 10:54 pm

I recently purchased a Worth Ranger glove. Model WR115T with a mod Trap web. The price was $62.00, with shipping. I can't believe the quality of this glove. Can some please provide thier opinion on the Worth Ranger series. I purchased the glove for my 13 yr old son and he is very happy with it (SO FAR ....:) )

Thanks.

There is a boy on my sons team that purchased a Worth Liberty Advance model with a Mod Trap. I think the glove is beautiful and the quality seems top shelf. I believe he paid about $125.00. I know Worth is not very popular but it just seems to offer a pretty good value.

Thanks again, I really respect the input that posters provide here. This is a very good group of people who LOVE BSSEBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!
vicvegas33
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby candlestick » October 8th, 2008, 11:21 pm

I have purchased two different Worth patterns a catchers mitt and a 12.25 fielders glove. I have been pleased with the initial quality of both, especially for the price paid. I purchased the catchers mitt first and found it to be very comfortable and very stiff from the beginning. The 12.25 inch fielders glove is a different matter. This glove is extremely stiff and the finger stalls are incredibly tight, esp for someone with a large hand who prefers to wear a glove with his fingers deep into the finger stalls.

The ads indicate that they are of the same quality as Rawlings because they are made in the same manufacturing plants. I can not verify whether or not the quality is the same or different, it would be easy to substitute a different quality of leather for a production run, however they both appear to be quite serviceable.

This rendition of Worth gloves have not been around for very long, a few years at most, so I think that your son and others like him will be the ones on the front lines of field testing. Have at it and report back!
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » October 9th, 2008, 12:32 am

Not sure if its the same as HOH leather, but Worth is Rawlings now. It all comes from the same place. Even the dating codes are the same now.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information