Zett Baseball Gloves. Your comments????

This is an archive section - it is read only

Zett Baseball Gloves. Your comments????

Postby wjr953 » September 3rd, 2008, 2:44 pm

Does anyone have any input to offer on Zett baseball gloves? I know that they are manufactured by hand in Mexico by the Diaz family, and that they have been in business doing this since 1910. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are, pro or con on this manufacturer and their products. The reason that I'm asking is because I just bought a 13", Trap-Eze, Z-TX model. It will be arriving in the next couple of days, and I'm really interested to hear what other members on this forum think. I appreciate your input.

thanks, br
wjr953

Postby MVALZ » September 3rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

I've owned a few from Japan over the years and felt they were great quality gloves & mitts. Mexico?
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » September 3rd, 2008, 2:51 pm

That's the information that I was given by the seller. I assumed that he was being truthful. Maybe not! :oops:

br
wjr953

zett gloves

Postby dodgerblue » September 3rd, 2008, 3:32 pm

you are mistaken those gloves for zett gloves , zetts are manufactured in taiwan or japan ,their pro-status gloves - are made in japan and is not exported go to www.us-sports4world.com to see a few of them , the lower lines including the baseballexppress zetts are made in taiwan and do not compare to the japan models , i have an 07 cat. if you need any info on them , the zx patterns dont look similar either ,i would double check with them depending on what you are expecting based on your conversations with them .
dodgerblue
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby offsidewing » September 3rd, 2008, 4:20 pm

Didn't "non-steroid" Clemens use a Zett at one time?
Aim for the corners and let the middle take care of itself.
offsidewing
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » September 3rd, 2008, 4:44 pm

Zett's been around forever. I've seen plenty of MLBers using them, but that phony Clemens, Rivera, Delgado and Travis Fryman are a few that come to mind.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » September 3rd, 2008, 7:00 pm

Apologies to everyone that has answered this post. I am very sorry but I have made a huge mistake in identifying this glove. :oops: :oops: The glove in question is NOT a Zett glove. It is a Model Z-TX, handcrafted in Mexico. I assumed incorrectly that the Z on the glove stood for Zett. According to the information that I have been given by the seller, the family that makes these gloves does so by hand, and they have been doing this for quite a few years. Again, I know nothing about the manufacturer or the product, other than the fact that the gloves are made by the Diaz family in Mexico, and this is the second or third generation in the glove business for this family. I will post pix of the glove once I receive it. Again, if anybody has anything that they can offer in the way of information about this manufacturer and their products, I would be most grateful. I am humbly sorry for posting incorrect information, it was not done intentionally, it was an honest mistake.

Very best regards, br
wjr953

Postby BuffaloGlover » September 3rd, 2008, 7:06 pm

No apologies necessary, hopefully you are getting the glove you want. I have seen those gloves on ebay but I am not a big fan of black gloves so I never pulled the trigger, Probably would have if they came in tan or brown.

Let us know how you like it once you get it.
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » September 3rd, 2008, 7:45 pm

I absolutely love black gloves. I think a black w/black laces is a great combo, although I do like black gloves w/Cardinal red laces and even w/Dodger blue laces. I will be sure to put pix up when I get the glove. This glove also comes with a 1 year warranty on defects in workmanship. That has to mean something. We'll just have to wait and see.

thanks, br
wjr953

Postby offsidewing » September 3rd, 2008, 8:21 pm

I'm a sucker for an all black leather glove.

Oh man, a mint black horse PRO-1000HCB, I'd love one...
Aim for the corners and let the middle take care of itself.
offsidewing
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Cowboy7130 » September 3rd, 2008, 10:21 pm

I am interested in the Z-tx gloves, too. They seem to have a decent pedigree when it comes to history and design. Hopefully it will be a really good glove for you! 8)
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » September 3rd, 2008, 10:25 pm

I will definitely let everyone know what I think of it as soon as I get it. I'll take lots of pix so everyone can get a good look at it. Here's hoping that it's a good one.

br
wjr953

Postby BuffaloGlover » October 9th, 2008, 9:53 am

wjr953 wrote:I will definitely let everyone know what I think of it as soon as I get it. I'll take lots of pix so everyone can get a good look at it. Here's hoping that it's a good one.

br

Have you received the glove yet? Just curious as to what your opinions are. Saw them up on ebay today and it reminded me of this thread. Show us pics if you got 'em. :)
BuffaloGlover
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 9th, 2008, 10:13 am

Yes, I have in fact received the glove and it's a very, very nice glove indeed. A little smaller in overall size than I was expecting, but I really do like it alot. Really nice quality leather, not stiff like the Horween in the Rawlings HOH leather, but it does shape to your hand nicely as a quality leather glove will do. It's a really good looking glove too. I'll post pictures tonight for everyone. I've been meaning to do this for a while now but I haven't had the chance. I've been working on getting a bunch of gloves finished for listing on eBay, so I've been concentrating most of my time there. I'll be posting pictures of my glove "collection" (as small as it is, lol) tonight, and that will include the Z-Tx. I'll be interested to hear your comments and the comments from other members on the Z-Tx and my other gloves as well. Thank you for your interest.

VBR, br
wjr953

Postby wjr953 » October 10th, 2008, 9:12 am

BuffaloGlover wrote:Have you received the glove yet? Just curious as to what your opinions are. Saw them up on ebay today and it reminded me of this thread. Show us pics if you got 'em. :)

Pix were uploaded last night. Check Glove Pix 3 or Glove Pix 4.

VBR, br
wjr953

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information