Conflict Resolution

This is an archive section - it is read only

Conflict Resolution

Postby vintagebrett » June 13th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Hello

Ok, after the whole saga of the "Exxon Valdez" thread the past week I'd like to take the time to make a couple of statements:

1) I take full responsiblity for not stopping the thread before it got out of control. Calling "people" idiots is not responsible posting and I should have nipped that in the bud. My fault and I apologize to everyone involved, both sides of the discussion.

2) From now on, if you have an issue with a glove, you need to make an effort to contact the seller before posting it on the forum.

3) From now on, we are not calling out gloves because we don't like the way they are conditioned or look. Pictures don't always tell the whole truth. This leads back to contacting to the 2nd point about contacting the seller and asking questions.

4) The purpose of this forum is to connect glove collectors/users with other glove collectors/users. It serves an educational purpose and provides an opportunity to share knowledge, pictures and stories.

5) If a seller is purposely trying to defraud others becaues they are altering gloves with fake signatures, markings, etc., then this would be appropriate place to discuss these items, making sure that you have contacted the seller and have factual information to back you claims.

6) If you don't like my decisions, I'm sorry - each forum is run differently - there is no universal rules that I have to abide by. I prefer discussions to be productive and education rather than deragatory and accusatory. If you don't like the way I moderate, you are welcome to start your own forum and do it the way you like.

I'm considering the whole "Exxon Valdez" situation over and will delete any further posts dealing with it. Thanks for your time and now back to an actual discussion about gloves.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information